New NADM Street licensed diesel rule?

if i was to be a top finisher and asked to do a drive, i would ask which trailer do you want me to pull. Both my truck and my bothers truck are daily drivers with stock 3.55 gears. I understand and agree with the logic behind this rule but it will probanly not work out like planned because of all the differences in streetability as allready discussed. I run electric fans, 2.8 charger and 500ccs fuel and will tow any trailer you want me too. There is a video from Schieds last year with me in it so i do have proof. Either which way, i see this thread going like the TS thread. Tim

i agree 100 percent with brandon. there is so much uncertainty with this rule. not sure what it proves either. what is considered streetable honestly? i mean if i go out on the road and have to drive 20 miles at 10 mph is that considered streetable? also i would personally would NOT wanna run pulling tires on the street. it wears the edge down on them. idc if its only 20 miles it reduces there bite at least on sts's. another thing is that i wouldnt want to have to worry about airing my tires up and down just so i can go drive thats kinda pointless in my opinion. if they are going to keep this rule, they need to be more specific on what they are looking for as well. its a vague rule that no one can work around really. we have rules to build a truck around so why not elaborate more so guys can have a fair chance of passing this tech. cause right now there is zero info on what actually is wanted and what they are looking for.

So, since the NADM didn't start this thread, and has said very little so far, you think maybe, just maybe, they might still be working things out??

I mean, typically, the NADM will post something, when they have it the way they want it. Give them a chance!

Chris

Yes, B, that's the way they do it in West Virginia where Kevin is from. They just make sure the tires are aired up so they can tow it down the street.

LOL

Gotcha Kev :poke:

Shoot Mat were frame draggers down here. We ain't got no tars.

So, since the NADM didn't start this thread, and has said very little so far, you think maybe, just maybe, they might still be working things out??

I mean, typically, the NADM will post something, when they have it the way they want it. Give them a chance!

Chris

No way Chris, we're pullers, we want it all figured out now! :hehe:

You guys ***** so much about rules, just jump up a class that way we don't have wait 3hrs to run a 2.6 class and we get started with the super street faster!

Ragged Edge I Would Jump Up And Pull With You But Do Not Have Those Kinds Of Funds And Besides We Need A 2.6 And Super Street Truck In The Midnight Diesel Team Anyways And As To Signature 600 My Truck May Make The 20 Mile Run But Not Going To Take Chance Of Over Heating It To Prove A Point Old Schools Do Not Have Cooling Capacity Compared To Newer Trucks Was All I Was Say If This Is A Stop And Go Drive In Town OH WELL WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS I QUESS HAVE TO GET A ELECTRIC WATER PUMP SOMETHING WITH FLOW

Last edited:
i would agree with brandon about what is streetable, because i know what i consider streetable is not what my dad would consider streetable. this is rule is based on someones total opinion and that could change week to week. whats up with the tire rubbing alot of vehicles have tire rub when they run oversize tires on them while turning. i'm looking forward for the techs reply.

milby

The only reason 97' CTD is upset is because his 5:13 gears would make 20 miles of driving take a hell of along time.

Just messin with ya Brandon. LOL

Tim

I have a question for the new tool-arific tech guy, what happens if you break a trans shaft and still place/win? DQ'ed? I know you put lots of thought into all of yer new 09 bs rules, please get in this discussion and answer some of these peoples questions or relive some worries, maybe explain when this might actually come into effect.

Ragged Edge I Would Jump Up And Pull With You But Do Not Have Those Kinds Of Funds And Besides We Need A 2.6 And Super Street Truck In The Midnight Diesel Team Anyways And As To Signature 600 My Truck May Make The 20 Mile Run But Not Going To Take Chance Of Over Heating It To Prove A Point Old Schools Do Not Have Cooling Capacity Compared To Newer Trucks Was All I Was Say If This Is A Stop And Go Drive In Town OH WELL WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS I QUESS HAVE TO GET A ELECTRIC WATER PUMP SOMETHING WITH FLOW

Just dont u worry " In The Red, " i'll follow u with the tow rig and video tape all of the insanity thats gunna go down when you, brandon, the lee boys, and shriver are going to destroy the ozone in about twenty minutes.....

:tree:

Just dont u worry " In The Red, " i'll follow u with the tow rig and video tape all of the insanity thats gunna go down when you, brandon, the lee boys, and shriver are going to destroy the ozone in about twenty minutes.....

:tree:

Who said you could talk go play with your dmax buddies !!

Id still drive mine to the pulls if it wasnt for the fear of breaking

if i was to be a top finisher and asked to do a drive, i would ask which trailer do you want me to pull. Both my truck and my bothers truck are daily drivers with stock 3.55 gears. I understand and agree with the logic behind this rule but it will probanly not work out like planned because of all the differences in streetability as allready discussed. I run electric fans, 2.8 charger and 500ccs fuel and will tow any trailer you want me too. There is a video from Schieds last year with me in it so i do have proof. Either which way, i see this thread going like the TS thread. Tim

I'll agree with Tim, if I place Ill do it with a trailer in stop and go traffic.I dont see a problem with the rule. I dont need to air up tires or take weight off I run the way i drive it. I dont see why everyone says 13mm pumps will have problems,my buddy has his set at 850+cc's with a 3" charger and will drive it anywhere you want to go. Just my$.02

Like I said No weights. If you really want to make it streetable and a Fun time. LOL

Dont forget the assless chaps!LOLLOLLOLLOL

Is it street licensed and insured - key words! Street truck - what is a street truck? What is a street? Does a gravel road count?

This is interesting - keep going we are watching!

No special designed pulling tires. Only Nitto Terra Grapplers and they can sponsor you. LOL

Bikini Chicks to hold up a sign displaying the amount pulled.

Dont forget the assless chaps!LOLLOLLOLLOL

Is it street licensed and insured - key words! Street truck - what is a street truck? What is a street? Does a gravel road count?

This is interesting - keep going we are watching!

Can they wear a cool helmet with that broom lookin thing on top also??? that would be the icing on the cake.:hehe:

Iv never heard so much crying... if your truck will over heat, no matter what year (old school) or not..MOVE UP! Pulling tires? if you cant drive 20 miles on your tires with out tearing them up ...MOVE UP! If your truck cant or wont idle...MOVE UP!

The class is called 2.6 Street Diesel not 2.6 pulled here on a trailer wont idle over heating not gona let my tires touch pavement Diesel

If your even worried about this stupid rule...MOVE UP! and quit crying I drive my truck to and from every pull and have 30,000 miles on my tires, and still can out pull these guys that think there running the 2.6 super mod calss...

My$.02

Back