New numbers

blackdieselram

Finally got my truck running and decided to go ahead and see what it will do. This was with a basic tune we were running, still needs some fine tuning. This tune will run well on the street with a little more time. The motor doesn't have many miles that's why we didn't push it too high in the rpms. After we saw the numbers we understood why it lit up the tires at 90mph
IMAG0675_zpsd366e8c5.jpg

Congrats on the new numbers. I hope the fine tuning has big steps. Your atmospheres are capable of 210 lbs of air. At this point three turbos haven't shown to be better than one. The 2.6 class would love a snack. The wow factor is there for sure. Great looking setup.

That's pretty awesome #'s for a break in pull. Can't wait to see what it'll do with some more hours (breakin time) and more fuel.

I'm no turbo expert, but I'd be willing to bet this setup is a little nicer to drive than a fuel only 12-1300 HP single turbo setup. This truck (as far as I know) is still street legal. When he was on a single at over 1K hp, it wasn't real easy to get lit.

How well does it drive, David? What rpm do these things start spooling?

Congrats on the new numbers. I hope the fine tuning has big steps. Your atmospheres are capable of 210 lbs of air. At this point three turbos haven't shown to be better than one. The 2.6 class would love a snack. The wow factor is there for sure. Great looking setup.

I am skeptical of a 2.6 being 1200 at the wheels, 1200 on an engine dyno absolutely, but from the few chassis dyno's that I have been privy to from 2.6 trucks they have been in the 950-1050whp range.

Drives good, still needs a little fine tuning but it could be daily driven. It doesn't spool up too fast but if it did I don't think it could be driven on the street. I want to say a little over 2000 rpms it really wants to take off. Once you hit 15psi it wants to jump straight up to 80 if you're getting in it.

Not trying to start anything here, but I thought the magic number where torque and horsepower are the same was 5252, not 3200.

Wicked power none the less.
Congrats!

Last edited:
For those not following your build, what is the turbo setup?
Also, how much boost was it pushing on the dyno?
Did you happen to get any EGT readings?

I love comparing results between CR's and 12valves with similar turbo setups but obvious fuel delivery differences.

This truck has a large triple turbo setup and it's pushing a little over 100 psi at 1020 average RWHP during this pass at the track.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTF5710SH6s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTF5710SH6s[/ame]

Turbos are 2 s475s and one s472. It only made 77psi boost on that pull if I remember right. Egts were around 1400

Back