New powerstroke valve springs

Hamilton Cams

ignorant
We are coming out with a new line of 6.0 springs for late January. I was wondering if there is a demand for 7.3l springs as well. If you want to see performance springs for the 7.3l, post up. If we have enough interest, I will make it happen.

Zach Hamilton

We are coming out with a new line of 6.0 springs for late January. I was wondering if there is a demand for 7.3l springs as well. If you want to see performance springs for the 7.3l, post up. If we have enough interest, I will make it happen.

Zach Hamilton

Zach, you'll probably get more response from the powerstroke guys that frequent www.powerstrokenation.com forums.

I can guarantee there will be interest in springs for the 7.3, as the comp cams 910s that most are using are questionable for high boost applications.

Let me know if you want me to cross link this post to powerstrokenation.com.

I'm not interested in the 7.3L, but can you tell me more about the springs for the 6.0L?
Are they gonna be a "BeeHive" type of spring?
Any machining needed?
Will you offer Titanium, or other lite wieght retainers & keepers?
Please PM a price, and delivery date to me....Thank You!!

Zach, i would be interested in them. i'm not far from you so if you need a tester for a set of springs let me know!!! i have comp 910's on these heads that are awaiting install on my truck, but if you make some that will be good for higher rpm and boost #'s i would be more than happy to try them out along with maybe a cam if you ever made some for the 7.3 guys. i remember you were talking about it at the buda dyno last year and you told me and one of my buddys we could test 'em we just never have torn our trucks down. Let me know!! :Cheer:

If you would have developed them earlier i would have purchaced a set from ya. I ended up getting the Comp 910s. I would like to see a cam for the 7.3 though! Thanks Zack keep up the great work!

I realize there is a need for them but they will be pricier than the 910's due to the fact that they are a custom spring. On the first order they will be in the $375 range. If I can get enough orders I can get then down to the $299-$325 range. For the quality of the springs these will be I cannot match comps price and I refuse to put out a sub-par spring. I will only use American made springs which means slightly higher pricing.

Zach

I realize there is a need for them but they will be pricier than the 910's due to the fact that they are a custom spring. On the first order they will be in the $375 range. If I can get enough orders I can get then down to the $299-$325 range. For the quality of the springs these will be I cannot match comps price and I refuse to put out a sub-par spring. I will only use American made springs which means slightly higher pricing.

Zach

the comp 910's really arent for high boost applications, iirc seat pressure was 70+. comp does have a part # for a set that works for the big power applications, just dont remember it, but iirc the seat pressure was 120ish. the 910's are just easy because there is no machining necessary. i ran the comp dual spring and still had contact. i ran the crower's with no issue. the crowers were in the $400 range so you really wouldnt be far off.

Zach, Cody here from Death Row. I'm building a 7.3 Super Street sled puller as we speak. And I just had a spring discussion with my tuner this morning. I'm definately all ears.

The spring I had designed will have 120# at the seat, 247# at .500 lift and will be able to handle a .650" cam without binding. If this works for most of the cams lift-wise, let me know.

Zach

I've got a 7.3 that is getting a P-pump and will feel safer with some good springs on it. The pump only puts out 210cc's at the moment and will be put together with the stock short block for now but I would feel better knowing that if I want to rev it higher that the valves won't float. Do you have cams for the 7.3?

would like to know more info on the 6.0 springs also... im about to have a set of heads rebuilt, so id like to grab a set from you before i throw the heads on the truck..

I am hoping in the next two to three weeks if the quoted times are correct, but you know how that goes. I will let you know as soon as they hit.

Zach

I am hoping in the next two to three weeks if the quoted times are correct, but you know how that goes. I will let you know as soon as they hit.

Zach

Zach, will there be machining neccessary to fit these springs for the 7.3???? looks like i may be selling a brand new set of comp 910's shortly. LoL

I think you could do very well selling the 7.3 valve spring there isnt a whole lot of springs in between the hypermaxx kit and the comp910s.

6.0 springs will be here in the next week or so. If they sell well I will put in the order for the 7.3l

Zach

Back