new realease autometers

Lucky Jeff

Stock Sucks
Not sure if these guys are well known yet or not. But figured I'd post em.

Attachments

• Autometer rail pressure.jpg
    Autometer rail pressure.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 364
  • autometer HPOP.jpg
    autometer HPOP.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 301
knowing auto meter it's not plug and play. more than likely it just taps the rps.

nice find though.

isnt that considered plug n' play?

PPE's rail gauge requires a separate harness, its like $40

rp gauge is mechanical...like the oil pressure gauges.. you have a nylon line running into the cab through a jagged metal hole and 25k psi on the other side of it!!!

i highly doubt that Autometer is gonna give you a nylon line with that gauge. if that RP gauge is mechanical you will have to run an isolator to keep the fuel out of the cab. if it is electrical then it will have a sensor. it seems like it would be an electrical gauge do to how high of psi it is reading.

isnt that considered plug n' play?

PPE's rail gauge requires a separate harness, its like $40

if you have to pierce the factory wiring harness, I wouldn't consider that plug n' play... :eek:

a real rail gauge should piggy-back plug into the sensor/harness and not require compromising the under-hood wiring

I bought a speedhut rail gauge, custom ordered it with a black bezel. good price, good looking gauge, etc.

then when it gets here, I find out I have to cut into my factory wiring harness. I called and *****ed them out and told them to make that clear on their website and ebay auctions. I didn't want to pay the re-stocking fee, so it's just collecting dust somewhere now :rolleyes:

i highly doubt that Autometer is gonna give you a nylon line with that gauge. if that RP gauge is mechanical you will have to run an isolator to keep the fuel out of the cab. if it is electrical then it will have a sensor. it seems like it would be an electrical gauge do to how high of psi it is reading.

it's not going to be mechanical... they're not going to put 30k psi of anything in the cab! :eek:

if it's electrical, it'll probably utilize the factory $300 sensor, doncha think? :confused:

just went to Autometers website, i found the RP gauge, here are the part numbers, 7586 and 7593. Phantom II series 2 1/16 full sweep electric gauges. the 7586 is for the 03-07 5.9 Dodges and is for the Duramax LB7 and LLY. the 7593 is for the 2007.5 6.7 and newer Dodges and the Duramax LBZ and LMM

rp gauge is mechanical...like the oil pressure gauges.. you have a nylon line running into the cab through a jagged metal hole and 25k psi on the other side of it!!!

BWAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!! :hehe::hehe::hehe:

dude, I owe you a beer or three, I don't know how I missed this on the first pass, but damn... good stuff right here :clap:

ah, well i thought that was the point of the harness was to not splice any wires...? but i agree, thats a dumb idea

on an old hot rod? I have no problem tapping wires, re-wiring, etc.

but in a $20-40k+ truck that still has a warranty and that I might have to sell some day? I'm not going to compromise the underhood wiring harness when I have the option not to :(

national-sarcasm-society.jpg

Google "facetious" LOL
Don't lie, did you have to google the spelling?

Back