new realease autometers

LMAO!
I confess, I pride myself on spelling (typographical errors are another story), and I've been spelling it wrong for years.

national-sarcasm-society.jpg

Don't lie, did you have to google the spelling?

i like the sign, thank you ma'am

This is the reply I got, in case anyone was still wondering.

Z Series, GS, Ultra-Lite, Phantom, Cobalt, and Phantom II are offered.

Not offering them in the NV series for now.

And Forrest... "These gauges are designed to intercept a signal from the factory equipped sensor on the engine, so there's some basic wiring required, but no concerns regarding sensor installation."

Chit. and I ordered a isspro just last week!!! Doh can't believe I missed this thread

Auto Meter

If they come out with a "Drive pressure" label for a boost gauge, that would be nice :)

If you have facebook, you can become a fan. They post the new releases, and actually reply to your questions.

you guys like your autometers? i havent had nothing but problems with mine?

never had a problem with mine, same goes for all of my friends.. It's all we run other then my Dad's dipricol? Or isspro, whichever looks like the 3rd gen dash. I am not very fond of that one. No problems with it yet, just think the lighting sucks in it.

I've been through 3 phantom II 0-1600 pyros, but thats the only problems with any autometer gauge i've ever had. I've had probably 30 or more in the last 10 years.

Thought I'd bring this back to the top in case someone is interested.. Auto meter is looking for a couple trucks. Here's what they said:

"Got a '98 or newer Dodge Ram Diesel? Need a fuel pressure or rail pressure gauge? Live near the factory in Sycamore, IL? I need an older Ram and a later Ram. We'll give you the gauge, mounting and professional installation free of charge. We'll document the procedure to be featured on our site. Email sales@autometer.com with "Cummins Install" in the subject line. Weekday availability and pics are a plus!"

Ive installed 2 of the rail gauges 1 on a dodge and 1 on a dmax you have to cut and splice into your factory harness at the rail sensor.

Danny

That's how I wired in my DiPricol RP gauge...never had any issues.
The gauge reads the same as a DRB does when we tested it.

yeah, I'm not a big fan of splicing factory wiring either... DiPricol is pure ****... I'd like to try Isspro I guess.

yeah, I'm not a big fan of splicing factory wiring either... DiPricol is pure ****... I'd like to try Isspro I guess.

I agree. my isspro rail and waterpressure gauges have been nice.. autometers too, just they lacked other gauges until now.

I picked up a Cobalt one to match what i already have from Garrett at Pure Diesel Power. This was back a few months when he just started carrying them. I like it ok.

It does not come with its own plug-in harness. Since it works for both D-max and Cummins of the same years, you have a chart to reference what wires to tap into. They recommend keeping the core intact and stripping off enough insluation to solder their leads to, then sealing up the works with water proof electrical tape. I can tell you this, T splices don't work. (I was chicken and didn't want to cut into the harness, so I thought I'd give that a try first. Not a reliable enough connection for the gauge's liking. ) I've thought about getting automotive grade 2 pin plug connectors and soldering them in to my factory and MP8 Harness. Still have yet to pull the trigger or just say fuk it and solder it in.

Those that are looking for these, Garrett at Pure Diesel Power is a sponsor here and had one very reasonably priced and expeditiously drop shipped to my door as he didn't have the cobalt version in stock at the time. Good people.

I'll post a pic of the instructions later if I get a second to upload them.

Pic of the Cobalt in the overhead next to the lift pressure.

2010-05-02164750.jpg

2010-05-02164831.jpg

Back