New Toyota Project pics

alldiesels said:
you want that toy to scream??? ditch the 7.3 and we will build you a 6.0 :}
robert

If you want it to really scream, forget anything from the IH camp...grab life by the horns!:cheer:

let me know when a 7.3 or 6.0 runs in the 10's, or 9's, 8's, 7's

hell, just let me know when they get out of the 11's

alldiesels said:
have fun with your old man 6 banger tractor motors but i'll take my v8's :}
Funny how the ol 6 banger has the record.... what is the fastest PSD again?:redx:

how long has the cummins been around??? you have had a wile to play with them
don't worry you will see some big #'s out of some psd's this year

i could put a psd in a 2500 pound rig and run prety fast but That does NOT intrest me at all
we will see how elmo's lil toyota does it will be the first "light weight" psd
robert

ok ill be fair...the common rail cummins has only been around since 03...the 7.3 has been around since 99 and 6.0 since 03.

common rails have made more power and run faster than a 7.3 and 6.0...

thats a fair comparison.

similar block and pistons, big F'n deal.

the fuel injection is totally different, it changed 3 different times, programming totally different even switched to different head.

wanna go by your logic...powerstroke is still a V8 so its still the same basic design from the 80's also

You are right Robbie.... They still have 6 holes in a row. And the same method of fuel deliver....errr okay maybe they have changed that 3 or 4 times, but who is counting. So really other than the fuel system, heads, injection pump, injectors, valves, pistions, and a few other things, all 5.9's are the same

alldiesels said:
but it is still the sam basic design from 89

i would venture to say that your basic engine design pre-dates this...does it not?:doh:

getblown5.9 said:
let me know when a 7.3 or 6.0 runs in the 10's, or 9's, 8's, 7's

hell, just let me know when they get out of the 11's

Let me know when you run an 11 :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

i wont run an 11 and never will with this truck because its a manual and its built for pulling.

but that was a good comeback for a guy who cuts the frame and puts a shortbed on an f250 and its still slower than many 4 door, long bed 4x4 trucks.

Timbeaux38 said:
You are right Robbie.... They still have 6 holes in a row. And the same method of fuel deliver....errr okay maybe they have changed that 3 or 4 times, but who is counting. So really other than the fuel system, heads, injection pump, injectors, valves, pistions, and a few other things, all 5.9's are the same

Not to mention the ECM and PCM changes, oh wait that doesn't count -they are still located in the same location.....:bang

alldiesels said:
don't worry you will see some big #'s out of some psd's this year

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that I would have enough money to put my Dodge in the 10's :) Got to give them ford boys credit though, they sure have a lot of confidence in their machines, even if they are fighting an uphill battle most of the time.

George

getblown5.9 said:
i wont run an 11 and never will with this truck because its a manual and its built for pulling.

but that was a good comeback for a guy who cuts the frame and puts a shortbed on an f250 and its still slower than many 4 door, long bed 4x4 trucks.

I only talk about what I can do and not rely on other people to brag about who is fast :kick:

gstanfield said:
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that I would have enough money to put my Dodge in the 10's :) Got to give them ford boys credit though, they sure have a lot of confidence in their machines, even if they are fighting an uphill battle most of the time.

George

If i had a dollar for every time a cummins boy that can't keep up with a 6.0 with a sct starts flapping about how cummins are so much better than psd's i would be deep in the 10's by now lol
there are a fair amount of really good running cummins out there but for every one there are hundreds of 200hp tirds with straight pipes and a lil smoke that think they are bad a$$ lol

alldiesels said:
If i had a dollar for every time a cummins boy that can't keep up with a 6.0 with a sct starts flapping about how cummins are so much better than psd's i would be deep in the 10's by now lol
there are a fair amount of really good running cummins out there but for every one there are hundreds of 200hp tirds with straight pipes and a lil smoke that think they are bad a$$ lol

How about the number ford guys with a PSD that have banks stickers all over their trucks who think they are bad ass and blow NO SMOKE.

Back