NHRA vs Street Outlaws

I've never seen anyone standing down track on the show. Is it really street racing when you setup light stands?

No one villainized the NHRA when engines and tires were flying into the stands killing people. But i will give Lucky_jeff the credit that it IS SAFER to race on the track than the street. Not so much for the prep and racing surface, but more for organized crowd control, barriers, and safety personnel.

Also Jeff, he is charged with the counts for his role in PROMOTING AND SETTING UP the race, not for being in it.

Im not sure why the name of the show has anything to do with it. Many classes over the years has had street in the name. Outlaw street being one of them on nhra drag strips.

I think people are looking at this incident as caused by the show. That's pretty ridiculous to me as the guy was on 1 episode and was in California. And to say the show influenced him is bull cause he was street racing before the show and likely would have still even without the show.

I think some people in this thread need to realize its a SHOW and its done for the sole reason of making money. People were street racing before and will be long after the show stops. So let the masses have their show and move on.

I think people need to chill the fuk out. All Lucky jeff and myself have said is the show promotes street racing. Street racing is not a good thing. The NHRA has all of the right in the world to be against the show and street racing.

The show to the average viewer is "reality". We all know it is staged and the cops are miles down the road shutting it down. Great. I get that. The show itself is fine. The image they portray in every single episode is that what they are doing is dangerous both to themselves and to others. They could get caught by the cops blah blah blah. They are portraying an image to the average viewer that they are real street racers. This viewer then has the tendency to try it his or her self.

They can air a donkey show live from Putins bedroom on Fox this Sunday for all I give a fuk. They can air whatever they want on television. However, people need to stop *****ing and moaning about the NHRA and their stance on it. To me this small drop in the pot that we are all arguing about is pathetic.

There are people on the internet that passionately "support" these "street outlaws" who have never spoken a word to them. Our society gets wrapped around the axles about television and movies. To us educated folk (compd members) the show is just a show and that is simple. To the average viewer the show is real life. They live for reality tv. They get tattoos of show, wear the clothing, jerk off to it nightly, etc...

Prove me wrong. Support your stance. I don't support street racing, never have. Neither does the NHRA. And made the move to show their disgust with it. The show supports it, blatantly pushes it. This guy felt the same way, enough so to be on the show. Then takes out a couple of bystanders while street racing. So again, lets hear it.

You're projecting your dislike of street racing onto me as a dislike for the NHRA. Which couldn't be further from the truth. Not once have I said anything bad about either, except in a joking matter about monster trucks.

I do believe race tracks could be built safer, for everybody involved...and the show depicts a somewhat safer way.

NHRA did the what they felt was right and did in a private matter...Murrillo made is public, Lutz told them to eat a dick, Discovery has not commented. I have argued against street racing for a LONG time on here...go back and look if you want "proof".

I didn't even give the show a chance until my wife started watching it...how they do it and how I have witnessed/heard of/participated as a kid are EXTREMELY different.

Back