NHRDA @ Moroso April 28th & 29th

Ok. Good. To all the racers who told me they weren't going because they didn't want to bracket race, sign up. I'll run whatever. I just want everybody to show and no excuses.

DJ

turbomatt1 said:
count me in on a heads up race for $50.

any body else.no excuses later you can run what you brong or race brackets com on racers post up.

dj.

Twisted Shifter said:
I heard some guy from North Carolina was gonna come in and steal the show .....

That's OK, I'm still gonna bring my ol Dodge and see if I can break into the high 13's if it will hold together. See ya'll this weekend. DJ, I'm up for the heads up too. Gary:hehe:

wrongway said:
That's OK, I'm still gonna bring my ol Dodge and see if I can break into the high 13's if it will hold together. See ya'll this weekend. DJ, I'm up for the heads up too. Gary:hehe:

Like I said on the other site ..... my scooter vs your "old Dodge"

OK.. I've never made a full pass with it, but I guess I'll try again with Gary's help. Count me in for heads up and brackets.. I may not drive the pro street truck to this race.. Didn't work out well last time.. I'll be there with three trucks..

For those of you I will see this weekend .... We will be on the Left side next to the canal when you come through the race entrance

I wanted to post this sooner but one of the axles in our trailer caught on fire right off of PGA Blvd. last night and we just got home. Everything is ok, except it turned out a little more expensive than we planned.

We want to thank Chris and Randy and everybody that showed up. People from all over the place. Wait, from up north. I don't want to include the Miami crowd cause the keyboard racers didn't show up. They're real fast. What I see is that they like picking on people but when there are real racers, they don't show up. Now you know why I call them keyboard racers.

We had a great time! It was great meeting everyone and Vivian says "hello"!

DJ

DJ,
Man it really wasn't your weekend was it! Sorry to hear about your troubles! I can't wait to catch up with you again! Tell vivian I said Hello and Thanks!

It was my pleasure .......... I really enjoyed the weekend ...... Everyone that attended needs to give them self a big round of applause. The track was VERY pleased with the turnout and the professionalism of the racers!

Thanks Again!!!!!

:tree:

yup...I drove all the way down to loose some of my cash to those "high HP Miami guys" in a heads up race...but it seams they were all scared of gettin a DJ spankin! ...Too bad you guys chickened out, as DJ made too much power & broke first thing Saturday....& the twin turbo Dodges were having some tuning issues, so you guys could have beaten up on me & my little single turbo street truck easy. :aiwebs_032:

DJ gets my nomination for the sportsmanship award, as he scattered his driveline before making a single pass, pushed it aside, & spent the rest of the weekend working on everyone elses trucks / spotting trucks at the tree/ hunting for parts / tools to loan, & pumping up all the racers in a way that only a high octane Cuban can!! :clap:
...And mugs up for the NHRDA guys Chris (Twisted Shifter) & Randy :Cheer: ..the hardest working guys at the event. Chris did triple duty organizing the event /competing in pro1/ tuning the twin turbo Dodge/ & still found time to get us an awesome deal on a NICE hotel... while Randy never sat down all day Saturday /staging trucks /crunching numbers -negotiating with the tower, & risking his life in the burn out box for some cool pic's. (sorry 'bout that sideways thing man :aiwebs_016: )

The wore out high dollar Moroso track, however did not leave me as warm & fuzzy. Kind of like a $20 hamburger vs a $5 hamburger. they both taste the same, but you gripe a lot more when your $20 hamburger cheats you out of your time slot on the track! :huh::

Attachments

• P4290624.JPG
    P4290624.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Thanks Chris and Randy. Could we get something going between October race. Its like crack....need...more...of..it:hehe:

turbomatt1 said:
yup...I drove all the way down to loose some of my cash to those "high HP Miami guys" in a heads up race...but it seams they were all scared of gettin a DJ spankin! ...Too bad you guys chickened out, as DJ made too much power & broke first thing Saturday....& the twin turbo Dodges were having some tuning issues, so you guys could have beaten up on me & my little single turbo street truck easy. :aiwebs_032:

DJ gets my nomination for the sportsmanship award, as he scattered his driveline before making a single pass, pushed it aside, & spent the rest of the weekend working on everyone elses trucks / spotting trucks at the tree/ hunting for parts / tools to loan, & pumping up all the racers in a way that only a high octane Cuban can!! :clap:
...And mugs up for the NHRDA guys Chris (Twisted Shifter) & Randy :Cheer: ..the hardest working guys at the event. Chris did triple duty organizing the event /competing in pro1/ tuning the twin turbo Dodge/ & still found time to get us an awesome deal on a NICE hotel... while Randy never sat down all day Saturday /staging trucks /crunching numbers -negotiating with the tower, & risking his life in the burn out box for some cool pic's. (sorry 'bout that sideways thing man :aiwebs_016: )

The wore out high dollar Moroso track, however did not leave me as warm & fuzzy. Kind of like a $20 hamburger vs a $5 hamburger. they both taste the same, but you gripe a lot more when your $20 hamburger cheats you out of your time slot on the track! :huh::

That's what the NHRDA is all about, racers helping racers and having a good time. Glad to hear that the races went well!

Great job, guys!!

To everyone involved, Loretta and I had a blast. Matt, I'm with you on DJ getting the sportsmanship award:bow: DJ, you and Vivian are some of the nicest people to be around, thank you. I think the event went off great, even without the "KEYBOARD RACERS" because of people like Chris and Randy. Chris, I don't think I've ever been treated as good at a race as this past weekend. Your wife is a sweetheart, and work's as hard as anyone to make it come out right. Sorry I left so quick after I beat myself, but I had a grandbabies birthday to go to. I really look forward to meeting everyone again, and SOON I hope. Chris, I'm gonna forward you and Randy a contact for Bradenton. Thank's for a great weekend. Gary:rockwoot:

On behalf of the NHRDA, Randy Cole and myself; I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone that attended the Jet Truck Nationals at Moroso Motorsports Park. Please take a moment to congratulate our winners:

PRO1
1st Place: Matt Wells (Dodge Ram )
2nd Place: Brad Morse (Dodge Ram)
3rd Place: Bryan Luke (Ford F250)

PRO2
1st Place: Kurt Lincoln (Dodge Ram)
2nd Place: Armando Gutierrez (Ford F250)
3rd Place: Rodger Bishop (Ford F250)

The track was very pleased and can’t wait to have us back in October. They were very vocal about the professionalism of our members!!!

Again,

Thank you

It is great to hear the event went well. Sorry I could not make it down. I hope to make it to an event on the East coast this season, we will see. I hope you are able to have more races like this one in the future :rockwoot:
Randy puts on a great race and Chris did a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back