NHRDA new race class

NHRDA

We are reviewing adding a index class to the 2011 MBRP drag race season.

We are reviewing NHRA classes and indexes to find the best fit that will allow our competitors to compete both at NHRDA and NHRA events across North America.

So far we are leaning towards an 11.90 index :tree:

What are your thoughts ?

How bout a "Super Stock" class like the $50,000 race in Feb. will be..?

11.90 would be a neat class to have but I think it would have the chance of taking trucks out of super street or even pro street at the smaller events.

You need to get racers to the events before you start adding more classes...

11.90 could be a break off of regular ET class IF you have the attendance....

You need to get racers to the events before you start adding more classes...
Thats the most important thing before adding classes

Its a good idea though for the areas that have fast SS trucks & theres people that have 500-600hp trucks that won't enter cause of that & don't want run brackets.

I like the idea of the index class myself. It creates a more uniformity for the sport given others have a 12.0 index and NHRA has a 11.90 index.

I was looking at trying to run the division 4 schedule next season but I wont have my next project ready to be competitive by season start and am still fighting with pro street or super street. The bad thing about both classes is its pretty much a toss up from the out side looking in as well as looking at the record holders for each class. Most have to be all out monsters or just run E.T. when you look at the record holders it can be a bit discouraging for the guys looking to go to the next level and I think the index class gives them a class to work with.

»» ET, Top-Diesel Wes Anderson 7.67 E.T.
»» MPH, Top-Diesel Bo Layne 190.97 MPH
»» ET, Pro-Stock Wes Anderson 7.77 E.T.
»» MPH, Pro-Stock Wes Anderson 180.00 MPH
»» ET, Pro-Street Philip Palmer 9.39 E.T.
»» MPH, Pro-Street Seth Sullivan 152.14 MPH
»» ET, Super-Street Rob Coddens 9.94 E.T.
»» MPH, Super-Street Rob Coddens 138.94 MPH

I don't see how an 11.90 index will take competitive people away from SS or PS? I know these are extremes but these two classes are not far from each other and several run in both at events.

But hey just my .02 cents worth coming from a guy on the out side looking in trying to get in.

If you want more "entry level" guys a slower class would be better.

If you want more "entry level" guys a slower class would be better.

Thats what ET class is for entry level. I think 12.0 range is a good class for the guys who are working their way up IMO.

if NHRDA implements an 11.90 bracket class i will run in every event of Division 1 and 2... i won't run Sportsman and i cannot compete in SS or PS so this would be an awesome class.

First of all I totally agree we need more trucks to come out for sure, that is up to NHRDA along with our help to get the word out at the races closest to us and advertise the events anyway we can. There are a lot of quick trucks that right now are stuck in the high 11's due to not wanting to to put in a roll bar or add the other safety items that is required to run the quicker classes, and who don't want to run brackets. I personally would like to see it a little quicker say 11.70 or so, but 11.9 will work. I don't think it will take away from the SS class at all. I'd bet there are a number of trucks including me that would run both. How about a 5/10 protree, put the red light in the game as well. Not really an issue on a 4/10 tree.:D

Last edited:
11.90 would be a great class Randy. This is what alot of racers have ask for, now let see if they will come race.

I like!!

I think it needs to happen. At most races 12.0 is the biggest class. I would run it on a .400 pro tree so there is no chance of a red light. Give the guy a chance who has his truck and driving dialed in. I think it would be one of your biggest classes. Jeff

In this area there aren't many 11.90ish trucks. You could count them on one hand and still have fingers left. That's just around here though.

Like I said last year SS and PS are very close together and there needs to be a class to move up from ET. 11.90 would be perfect and it crosses well with other events.

Back