NJ Dyno Day April 14

DIESEL POWER said:
#1 has about 100 BTU's --closer to kerosen

#2 has about 130 BTU's--much better at making power.

Hey Numbnuts...........

Unless you are filling up from your heating oil tank, you are not running #1:doh: :hehe:

Kids these days:rules:

i found out the hard way that all fleetguard filters are not the made for what they say it is, needless to say it passed too much debris and stuck a few nozzels and solonoids.

So what are you trying to tell all of us on this board Wade,that Fleetguard,who makes more filters for our trucks and the Class 8 trucks is giving us inferior products?.I am certain that there is more to your story than a "filter problem" and your not telling it like it is.The company I work for relies on Fleetguard Filters exclusively so wouldn't you think that IF they had substandard material we would have found it by now or had to tow a large amount of our rigs back in?.Once again your talking by using your mouth before you engage your brain.A feat that has gotten you thrown off all the diesel boards but here,when will you ever learn.

Its kind of a shame to the Van AAken people who were nice enough to put their time and money into a effort to do some tuning work.You have had that box longer than most and all you have to show for it is a You Tube video of your truck going into the mid 12's and NO DYNO WORK,NONE-NADA-ZIPPO!.Nothing but excuses and reasons for not showing up when it comes time to strap the truck down.Thats TWICE in less than a span of about 6 months your dyno fees were taken care of and you dropped the ball,But then again everyone knew you would weasel out and be a no show.

Congrats to those who went to this show and laid down some numbers.Van AAken needs a hearty round of Thanks for hosting all of you as does the dyno owner...................Andy

Dockboy said:
Hey Numbnuts...........

Unless you are filling up from your heating oil tank, you are not running #1:doh: :hehe:

Kids these days:rules:

i forgot your so smart, but on this one you truely dont know do you?

#1 fuel is a winter blend fuel with kerosen mixed in for better anti gelling properties, and is offered in most of the upper 50 states during the winter, fall and spring, depending on temp. but you allready knew that........

and #2 is regular diesel fuel that is avalible in the spring to summer season, it offers the best power content for burning, and fuel mileage. i wont go into anymore detail cause your probably on the phone trying to see if this is true or not..............40 year olds...........:eek:wned:

Hammer said:
So what are you trying to tell all of us on this board Wade,that Fleetguard,who makes more filters for our trucks and the Class 8 trucks is giving us inferior products?.I am certain that there is more to your story than a "filter problem" and your not telling it like it is.The company I work for relies on Fleetguard Filters exclusively so wouldn't you think that IF they had substandard material we would have found it by now or had to tow a large amount of our rigs back in?.Once again your talking by using your mouth before you engage your brain.A feat that has gotten you thrown off all the diesel boards but here,when will you ever learn.

Its kind of a shame to the Van AAken people who were nice enough to put their time and money into a effort to do some tuning work.You have had that box longer than most and all you have to show for it is a You Tube video of your truck going into the mid 12's and NO DYNO WORK,NONE-NADA-ZIPPO!.Nothing but excuses and reasons for not showing up when it comes time to strap the truck down.Thats TWICE in less than a span of about 6 months your dyno fees were taken care of and you dropped the ball,But then again everyone knew you would weasel out and be a no show.

Congrats to those who went to this show and laid down some numbers.Van AAken needs a hearty round of Thanks for hosting all of you as does the dyno owner...................Andy

ok andy, i will say this nicely.

the filters i was using happend to be a hydro filter, and 99% of hydro filters have by-passes on them, well what do you think happens when the filters bypasses fuel during cold start-up..........................debris gets thrown into your system, so the fuel can flow and not cause a restriction, never did i say anything about fleetguard being an inferiour company, but i have come to expect you and many others to choose my words for me, exactly as i dont intent them to be. so from now on please read more carefully and ask questions before you rant and rave over something you havent a clue about!

BTW my truck has long since gone faster than mid 12's on fuel, with the beta box.

getblown5.9 said:
i've heard of winter blend yes...but its certainly not #1
winter blend is considered #1 winter fuel, you and everyone else knows exaclty what was meant here. the fuel station calls it the same along with burchoil---who accually delivers it........

DIESEL POWER said:
i forgot your so smart, but on this one you truely dont know do you?

i wont go into anymore detail cause your probably on the phone trying to see if this is true or not..............40 year olds...........:eek:wned:

Hey DW/Ears..........

I have been using, burning, and buying fuel/heating oils since before your parents were in high school!!:bang

I don't need some pimple faced little twerp to "school" me about the difference:hehe:

I suggest you do a little reading, but then again, the discussions on the chemical make-ups may make your head explode!:what: LOL

Dockboy said:
Hey DW/Ears..........

I have been using, burning, and buying fuel/heating oils since before your parents were in high school!!:bang

I don't need some pimple faced little twerp to "school" me about the difference:hehe:

I suggest you do a little reading, but then again, the discussions on the chemical make-ups may make your head explode!:what: LOL
face it greg, you wanted to try and compare apples to oranges, and implie that winter #1 fuel was no different than regular #2. if you still think there is no difference, fine it is your oppinion.

as a direct jobber for Amsoil im quite sure i have plenty of knowledge on "chemicle makeups" and "fluid dynamics", as they have "schooled" me with different class's i've had to take voluntarily to better my self in the petro and synthetic world.

but then again hopefully you and i will be able to put the pissing match to rest in the near future.............TS Outlaw Race
:Cheer:

partsguy662 said:
chemicle?
it might sound a little funny at first but most all of there products are made up of 100% synthetic chemicles, this way they can make it how they want it, to perform in all areas, RED LINE does the same thing, only they use mostly ester base stocks VS PAO base stock that amsoil mostly uses. both of which are very well made products.

DIESEL POWER said:
face it greg, you wanted to try and compare apples to oranges, and implie that winter #1 fuel was no different than regular #2. if you still think there is no difference, fine it is your oppinion.

I was not trying to "implie" LOL anything! Nor was I implying that there was no difference between winter fuel and summer fuel....of coarse there is!! It is not #1 fuel oil though:kick: And that is my "oppinion" or opinion.:hehe:

DIESEL POWER said:
but then again hopefully you and i will be able to put the pissing match to rest in the near future.............TS Outlaw Race
:Cheer:

No pissin' match here because as you know..........When you can't run with the Big Dogs, you end up like yourself.......peeing on the porch with the puppies!!:hehe:

Dockboy said:
I was not trying to "implie" LOL anything! Nor was I implying that there was no difference between winter fuel and summer fuel....of coarse there is!! It is not #1 fuel oil though:kick: And that is my "oppinion" or opinion.:hehe:

No pissin' match here because as you know..........When you can't run with the Big Dogs, you end up like yourself.......peeing on the porch with the puppies!!:hehe:

i must admit that was funny.:hehe:

DIESEL POWER said:
it might sound a little funny at first but most all of there products are made up of 100% synthetic chemicles, this way they can make it how they want it, to perform in all areas, RED LINE does the same thing, only they use mostly ester base stocks VS PAO base stock that amsoil mostly uses. both of which are very well made products.

Tell you what....Look in your favorite dictionary for the word "chemicle"...When you find the definition for a word with that spelling, let me know..

BTW my truck has long since gone faster than mid 12's on fuel, with the beta box.

WHO FRIGGIN CARES WADE...ITS ANCIENT HISTORY!!!

You have YET to provide the manufacturer with ANY shred of dyno tuning time to allow them to make the neccessary changes to the box so it might end up in the normal consumers hand.Not once,but TWICE,your dyno fees were completely taken care of and would cost you NOTHING out of your pocket.What do you do,make excuses and become a now show.

So tell us here all then oh wonderboy of the diesel world...
IF and I know I should use that word there,IF,your truck was running why would you screw with it the week of YOUR box manufacturers planned Tune day?.Only you could ever figure out a way to not show up when all they wanted was you,their box and your truck so they could do some work to it at NO cost to you.It was a simple feat,bring the truck,in driveable condition,not on a trailer whining about why you couldn't dyno or sitting in your garage out of fear.

Hydro filters eh....Then you deserve what you had happen.

BTW...
There is a Third Gen truck currently running faster than you,built with no free parts and built in their private shop in our area.Better get to work fixing that dirt problem and filter issue,Spring Fling is coming up and I MYSELF personally am going to take care of your fee to dyno.I want to see this 4k tune and all that HP made on the Humbler.Somehow I know my 300hp properly valved truck would whip your ass on #2 alone by default because you fear a dyno.Its the one machine you can not hide behind your bull**** with........Andy

Hammer said:
WHO FRIGGIN CARES WADE...ITS ANCIENT HISTORY!!!

You have YET to provide the manufacturer with ANY shred of dyno tuning time to allow them to make the neccessary changes to the box so it might end up in the normal consumers hand.Not once,but TWICE,your dyno fees were completely taken care of and would cost you NOTHING out of your pocket.What do you do,make excuses and become a now show.

So tell us here all then oh wonderboy of the diesel world...
IF and I know I should use that word there,IF,your truck was running why would you screw with it the week of YOUR box manufacturers planned Tune day?.Only you could ever figure out a way to not show up when all they wanted was you,their box and your truck so they could do some work to it at NO cost to you.It was a simple feat,bring the truck,in driveable condition,not on a trailer whining about why you couldn't dyno or sitting in your garage out of fear.

Hydro filters eh....Then you deserve what you had happen.

BTW...
There is a Third Gen truck currently running faster than you,built with no free parts and built in their private shop in our area.Better get to work fixing that dirt problem and filter issue,Spring Fling is coming up and I MYSELF personally am going to take care of your fee to dyno.I want to see this 4k tune and all that HP made on the Humbler.Somehow I know my 300hp properly valved truck would whip your ass on #2 alone by default because you fear a dyno.Its the one machine you can not hide behind your bull**** with........Andy
andy,
i had no idea it was so important to you what i do with my truck! and for testing results---track times are more valuble to them because they dont have anyone running faster with the box, plus i have like 20+ runs just this year alone! you just keep up your yackin, cause you still have not a clue...........:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :hehe:

WWW.DICTIONARY.COM that is a very useful site for the absent and young minded, helps to fill in the gaps.

here is a thought on the track times vs. dyno runs, it seems to me that multiple pulls on the same dyno, on the same day, with the same operator, under semi constant conditions would be more beneficial to the software writer than 20+ track times that have more variables (I am not a drag racer, just going off of what little I know)track conditions on different days, driver error, trap times, difference in how fast you "floor it", humidity (since its completely outside), barometric pressure, tire wear, difference in fuel composition in different tank full’s, reaction times (maybe you were up drinking the night b4, or didn’t sleep good). Fact of the matter the more constants you can have to give a result the more statistical "Power" you have in the equation. I agree you need both to so that one side of the total power equation is not biased. But here in your situation you have an unbalanced equation and we all know from grade school that you can’t have unbalanced equations to get to the answer
Equation as follows: (kept simple for simple minds)
TT=Track Times
DR=Dyno Runs

20TT + 0DR ≠ Total benefits offered to the consumer by VA
Now this may work
20TT + 20DR = maximum benefit for VA then provided to the consumer!
I am not going to go into statistical power and experimental design, I will if it is that important to people but I would rather not.
Really looking forward to seeing the TS race and also both Dockboy and DIESEL POWER and lmills at spring fling, all hit the humbler same day same conditions, all.. cough well most are proven high hp trucks and are all fun to watch. cheers!

Back