No More Boot Problems For HotRodDiesels!

we used to do the same back in the day with solid motor mounts... it was common knowledge not to run a solid tranny mount or you'd have cracked aluminum on your hands before too long :eek:
Wow... good thing I didn't try that one then. I thought all mounts had to be solid when you had solid motor mounts.

Thanks for all the nice responses.
John is a little premature in posting pics.
I was hoping to do some testing before we released the setup.
I notice there are a lot of speculation type of guys on here that are very willing to tell you what won't work but very few who will actually try stuff to see what happens. I have noticed most of the innovative stuff comes from the try it type of people.
I'm more of a do it and see what happens kind of guy so I will let you know if we have any problems.

Dal/Tim, bring it on big boy :stab:
I'm so looking forward to hanging/racing in the next few years.

Michael
HRD

Great to have someone that does R&D on stuff like this and actually posts it! I will TRY sticking with "if it aint broke dont fix it" seems to work well for past projects. All though with this truck I started to veer away from that.

only time that has ever happened in public and the last time.

Dont count your chickens yet! Your gonna have to put nitrous on her or some bigger lungs to get them times down. Then you might be blowing boots again.

What R&D ? I did it this way in 2002 except I opted for a different motor mount attachment.
Michael called me and asked how my truck was set up.
This is eight track tape stuff.

I think all of us have at least one V band on our turbo piping. Point was it is nice for someone to lets say "test products" and show results good or bad. The eight track thing was funny for sure.

:doh: Wonder how many on comp dont know what an 8 track is? Dont make me brake out my Fog Hat collection...:hehe:
0717-eight8track.jpg

Puller chiming in :) not sure what you guy's are running for pressure and certainly not knocking new ideas or thinking outside the box. We run around 150 - 160 psi for the last couple of years with the below setup and no issues. I have two booted joints we use Kinetic Motorsports boots, Milikor Clamps, and aluminum straps.

boots_clamps.JPG

boot_clamps.JPG

I realize you need to have the room to run something like this as well and it looks like Michaels set up may not allow it, but thought I would add my 2 cents incase somebody else my be able to utilize a similar setup.

Sled puller out

BBD

boots are cheaper than intercoolers....do the ends of the pipe got rolled beads on em

those are food production faciltiy i line fittings.
i build aeseptic systems with them all the time...for juice sterilization and pastuerization....you should look into the teflon gaskets..also did ya git the wingnut clamps or the nuts..if ya got nuts use brass so they dont gall on the ss

gary

and make sure they all line up and get installed perfectly... with all the vband it looks like a good possibility of boost leaks on the get go,

not a lot of adjustment with all the piping being hard and trying to smash an o ring that needs an almost exact fit. the clamp will squeeze it together but if its not square it wont go.

helped a guy at the texas mile with all vband... because of a couple leaks and lack of accessibility he next went to boots and straps like BBD

not a lot of adjustment with all the piping being hard and trying to smash an o ring that needs an almost exact fit. the clamp will squeeze it together but if its not square it wont go.

helped a guy at the texas mile with all vband... because of a couple leaks and lack of accessibility he next went to boots and straps like BBD

if you leave a lip of pipe to locate the pipe, it works pretty well. the flanges have a receiver groove in them with an o-ring...

it held ~100psi the other night at the track with no issues

Puller chiming in :) not sure what you guy's are running for pressure and certainly not knocking new ideas or thinking outside the box. We run around 150 - 160 psi for the last couple of years with the below setup and no issues. I have two booted joints we use Kinetic Motorsports boots, Milikor Clamps, and aluminum straps.

boots_clamps.JPG

boot_clamps.JPG

I realize you need to have the room to run something like this as well and it looks like Michaels set up may not allow it, but thought I would add my 2 cents incase somebody else my be able to utilize a similar setup.

Sled puller out

BBD

This^ is what id do if i made enough boost.

They worked just fine, ran a 10.68 on fuel only, and he had to lift it a few times to keep the truck out of the wall.

Wonder what the spray will do?

They worked just fine, ran a 10.68 on fuel only, and he had to lift it a few times to keep the truck out of the wall.

Wonder what the spray will do?

I assume the truck was dancing at the big end again right?

Back