No traction

Shorten traction bars up and plate frame where they mount. Get as much weight out front as possible.

tk is stripped, except for bed, ice & everything is in weight box, the top 2.6 tks arent running short bars, but they are running a single bar

Shorter bars keep front planted but stress the frame. I have always ran single bars without issues. Most full bar setups are on 3.0 trucks.

Shorten traction bars up and plate frame where they mount. Get as much weight out front as possible.

This is a very good plan, the reason I asked about how much rake you have is because sometimes you actually take away some of the trucks hook by having too much rake.

Shortening the bars allows the frame to flex a bit more or "arch" and force the tires down to grab more? Or am I way off? Could shortening the bars help with bouncing?

Get a trailer tongue scale and put it on top of a floor jack, lift the truck under the weight box till the front stops start to lift from the axle, you should have around 1500-1600 pounds of preload on the front stops. Not enough will make the truck lift and lose traction, too much will cause you to have trouble getting off the line.

Last edited:
I would start with getting that hitch in between the frame rails for starters its a game of leverage, make shorter single bars that mount under the rear

35" trxus front(20psi) 35" dual bfg rear(40psi), rear set solid, front has positive stops, dual shock kit on front, hitch set a 44", tk is close to being gutted except for bed, running 4:56 gear in 4th low, bars are on top & bottom of rear axle & goes to rear of front door, extended cab long bed 2nd gen, im pulling that high of a gear & still wont hook at all

have you played with tire pressure? maybe more in the rear and less in the front?

How new are all the tires?

Both the BFG and Trxus STS lose a lot when the edges get rounded off....

And I would go down in the rear tire psi, to the verge of hop, to see if it improves.

Get a trailer tongue scale and put it on top of a floor jack, lift the truck under the weight box till the front stops start to lift from the axle, you should have around 1500-1600 pounds of preload on the front stops. Not enough will make the truck lift and lose traction, too much will cause you to have trouble getting off the line.

im set at 1300 now, i was told put front coils off a 360 gas tk on front

I would start with getting that hitch in between the frame rails for starters its a game of leverage, make shorter single bars that mount under the rear

as in how install in between frame rails, i just read new rules for scheid 2.6 & it says hitch can be mounted as far forward as center of rear axle & can be no more then 25 degrees, so i guess this would mean a mild draw bar correct

How new are all the tires?

Both the BFG and Trxus STS lose a lot when the edges get rounded off....

And I would go down in the rear tire psi, to the verge of hop, to see if it improves.

tires are brand new, what do you recommend on rear tire pressure

With all that you have done I don't see how its not hooking up ... do you have any video's of it running?

as in how install in between frame rails, i just read new rules for scheid 2.6 & it says hitch can be mounted as far forward as center of rear axle & can be no more then 25 degrees, so i guess this would mean a mild draw bar correct

No not a drawbar just move the whole receiver up in the frame rail, but if your rules allow build a draw bar

How it is driven will change how it hooks also. Look at the super stock trucks, they play with the throttle until the 150 foot mark before they go wide open. You can not just dump the clutch and hope it hooks.

I agree with building the the draw bar hitch bc it will pull more from the center of the truck.

I read new Scheid 2.6 rules, it doesn't say Reese style any more, it says can be bolted no closer then center of rear axle & no steeper then 25 degrees

Back