Oct 10 judgement day

The unlimited class winner was in the 750hp range I dont remember the torque. He had been on other dyno's and been in the 900's iirc. Did anyone have a number that was on the low side compared to another dyno or their times?

I think you got the wrong truck truck was just put together like 3 weeks ago.

but yes that truck should be somewhere between 900-1000 when the big charger comes on, the wastegate diphram blew during the run the big charger only got 15lbs....lol it has a 4.2 inch wheel

I think you got the wrong truck truck was just put together like 3 weeks ago.

but yes that truck should be somewhere between 900-1000 when the big charger comes on, the wastegate diphram blew during the run the big charger only got 15lbs....lol it has a 4.2 inch wheel

I'm pretty sure he was talking about another truck that didn't even place. Rods Powerhouse Diesel's Duramax dynoed in the 750 range, and he has seen upper 900's on a couple of dynos. The reason he didnt place was because his torque somehow only came out to like 800 ft/lbs or something crazy low like that. The 96 green dodge with twins is the one that won 1st, and they said they had never had it on the dyno before, and yes once they get it tuned i see it making 900-1000. Overall i had a lot of fun, saw a bunch of trucks, and met some new people.

and forgot to mention there was a photographer from Diesel World there all day, so there should be a good amount of coverage in the magazine, now just have to figure out which issue it will be in.

I had a good time, and i thought they had a pretty big crowd.

I didnt think they did a good job of running the automatic trucks on the dyno. Most of them were shifting twice during the run, and not locking the converter. Made for some weird numbers IMO. Also, on the big HP trucks, they were still just floorboarding the truck whenever they went to run them. They needed to roll on the throttle, and then as the charger(s) lit, mash on it.

I also think the guy in the twin turbo'd duramax got ripped off. I have never seen an 850hp duramax make like 830 ft lbs of torque or whatever it made. I dont see how that could have been right. Im all for a 12 valve winning, but the duramax would have been real close and maybe beat him if the torque numbers were where they should have been IMO.

They have a nice shop though, and the dyno setup is pretty nice. The shop is also pretty easy to get to.

I took my buddies 6.7 6 speed cummins, and it layed down 533hp/1242tq. It was enough to take 3rd in the 2.6 class.

Anyways, I had a good time, and I was surprised at the turnout.

Eric

yes the guy with Rods Powerhouse Duramax definately should have made more than 800 ft/lbs of torque. And you could definately tell the few automatic trucks they dyno'd shifting in the middle of the run. But i'm sure they will learn from the experience and only get better.
P.S. that green 96 dodge that won outlaw had a ppumped 24v in it.

Why Do You Say P.s...haha That Guy Is My Neighbor..it Has A K31 With A 4.2 Inch Garrett Set Of Twins, Yes P-pimpued 24v. Also Has Water Injection With 2 Nozzles, I Know That Truck.

I think I took that post wrong..lol I thought you were reffering to outlaw as me... I understand it now... I think...lol

no the p.s. was to eric because he said the 12valve, and i was just letting him know it was a 96 with a ppumped 24valve, not being an ass of course. It's all good, my posts can get scrambled sometimes. I have too much going on in this little brain of mine to get it out correctly

I really wanted to come out but after getting the line x done in Amanda's truck, we headed to the house. :( Sounds like it was a good time though. Maybe next year!

C-ya

i hope u r right about the dyno being off because then i should be around 500-600 hp stock.everyone was on the same dyno and treated the same as for the guy with the dmax he didnt get ripped off when u get your money back because youre not happy with 3 runs.

Back