ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Roundup Oct 15

I doubt I will run the PS truck at this event then. I am not geared to run the 1/8th and sure not swapping gears just for this one event at the 8th. Not much point in running if you can't compete.

I hear you guys saying the were willing to work with you and all. I have to ask though you tried SA did you even try Baytown? I also have heard rumors that Sealy was looking to try and work with you guys but you never even tried? (this is hear say and second hand info) I know for a fact Sealy is not expensive not the best setup but a fairly nice place, track its self is good and 1/4 mile.

Sure you are......run it up high in third!!:poke:

I doubt I will run the PS truck at this event then. I am not geared to run the 1/8th and sure not swapping gears just for this one event at the 8th. Not much point in running if you can't compete.

I hear you guys saying the were willing to work with you and all. I have to ask though you tried SA did you even try Baytown? I also have heard rumors that Sealy was looking to try and work with you guys but you never even tried? (this is hear say and second hand info) I know for a fact Sealy is not expensive not the best setup but a fairly nice place, track its self is good and 1/4 mile.[/QUOTE

Just leave it alone.... I am...... Doubt the others will be changing gears for this.

Yeah but you got to figure Im running a .330 gear set on 34.5 tires my 10.4 1/4 yields me a dismal 6.89 8th. She is set up to pull hard on the big end to help keep down the carnage on the lower gear ratios where the torque curve is greater.

Wade- she would never shift past 3rd in the 8th unless I manually shift it. I usually force her to OD at the 8th marker.

I hear you guys saying the were willing to work with you and all. I have to ask though you tried SA did you even try Baytown? I also have heard rumors that Sealy was looking to try and work with you guys but you never even tried? (this is hear say and second hand info) I know for a fact Sealy is not expensive not the best setup but a fairly nice place, track its self is good and 1/4 mile.[/QUOTE]

No one contacted me. I actully looked at that track, but it does not look like there is anything around it. We dont only have to find a track, we try to keep it where hotels and food are easy to get to. I for one dont want to race all day then drive 45 min to a hotel at night. As for baytown I dont know.

Hmm well 3 Hotels with in 2.5 miles and another 3 with in 12.5 miles.

Just something to keep in mind later on I guess. You also have Hennesy in front and believe they have a Dyno.

Last edited:
Baytown is too expensive with terrible mud, hurricanes, and fire ants on the pulling track.. And its in the middle of no where.
Some of us got into wayyy too much rent a car trouble back in the day going from Baytown to the hotel.:hehe:

Baytown is too expensive with terrible mud, hurricanes, and fire ants on the pulling track.. And its in the middle of no where.
Some of us got into wayyy too much rent a car trouble back in the day going from Baytown to the hotel.:hehe:

BAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!............. hurricanes and fire ants............. It seems like it is in the middle of nowhere but really a ton of chit is 15 minutes away in most directions.

BAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!............. hurricanes and fire ants............. It seems like it is in the middle of nowhere but really a ton of chit is 15 minutes away in most directions.

Yea I talked to the guys in Houston, we want to give the shops a chance to build that area and do not want to come in and take away what they have been building . . . Plus the hurricanes and fire ants :lolly:

That time of year tends to be wet near Houston too! Believe me, we considered a lot of options before deciding on Denton . . . See top ten reasons:poke:

How about everyone that wants to go "GO" and everyone who wants to complain about something that hasn't happened yet don't "GO"! I'm glad they want bring sled pulling and drag racing and possibly a dyno together in TEXAS. I think it's great wish there was more events like this here but for now this is what we have, I'm willing to support it however I can just my$.02

oh i figured since yall cut the drag track in half yall were gonna do that to the sled guys too

:hehe:

:evil yea, I caught that.:hehe: Funny thing is, the pullers were rained out 2 years ago, and had absolutely horrendous track conditions last year. They didn't complain, though....so we got them a new venue with real clay and a modern sled!:shake::lolly:and...fingers crossed, equipment to work the track, besides a Bobcat.:hehe:

:evil yea, I caught that.:hehe: Funny thing is, the pullers were rained out 2 years ago, and had absolutely horrendous track conditions last year. They didn't complain, though....so we got them a new venue with real clay and a modern sled!:shake::lolly:and...fingers crossed, equipment to work the track, besides a Bobcat.:hehe:

Don't forget the water truck!

Northstar Dragway...routinely handles 3,000+ spectators/racers along with every range of car/truck and they are DIESEL friendly!!! The track is at least 4 hours closer for those coming in from up North and thats only one way, save 8 hours round trip, its more centrally located then down South. The track is expertly run with Larry and Nick having nearly 30 years of drag racing / track running experience...great staff..great track!!! The track record is 3.40 at 229mph set by TF dragster in 2009, I know its a gasser however...this track can handle and be prepped to handle anything we can throw at it!!!!

On another note here is a video of Jims truck running 6.83 at 105 at the Northstar Track on Feb 26, 2011.

No set up changes were needed to go from 1/8 mile in Feb to 1/4 in April...

Jim 6.83 video by odradiesel - Photobucket

followed up by a 6.95 @ 104..

Jim 6.95 video by odradiesel - Photobucket

*This was on a Saturday afternoon with normal track prep on street tires.

1/8 mile is easier on the high horsepower trucks, parts wise and "most" everyone will perform equally as well as on any 1/4 mile track and potentially save parts. I would think some would like that....

Important to us as a sport: the track is willing to work with us on building a year round Sled Pull track so those who pull will also have a great place to go...Option to pull on a Saturday day and Race on a Saturday night is AWESOME!!!!

We have worked hard on this since the end of last year and hope everyone will be as excited as we are to come out and race/pull on Oct 15th, 2011.

Thanks, Micah
Outlaw Diesel Racing Association proud NADM affiliate
Home
:rockwoot:

Last edited:
The track record is 3.40 at 229mph set by TF dragster in 2009, I know its a gasser however...this track can handle and be prepped to handle anything we can throw at it!!!!

I was there that night. Very cool to watch but also praying the car would stop.

Back