Off the shelf oil + additives = peformance of high dollar??

There is also a 55 gallon drum of 15w40 oil at the Costco that is CI-4 but I am not sure who makes it. What is the difference between CI-4 and CI-4+?

There is also a 55 gallon drum of 15w40 oil at the Costco that is CI-4 but I am not sure who makes it. What is the difference between CI-4 and CI-4+?
Not much and some are the same. The older Delo 400 CI-4 is the same as the newer Delo 400 CI-4+. "Be careful with bulk oil" The distributor fills the drums and can put anything in them. I would stick to factory sealed gals unless you know and trust your distributor.
Billy

I think that this distributer is just a warehouse but I could be wrong. They are fairly large and have 6 locations around Idaho, Oregon and Montana but I don't know where they get their oil. I will see if they have it available in the gallons.

i have been running the premium blue in my puller this year after engine build last winter in it seems to be doing pretty good. I havnt sent a oil sample off yet. I know i need to.

i spent a few weeks in an oil school, we tested several oils and the dello 400 actually did pretty well, another low buck oil that was bad ass was conoco powerdrive 15-40 which is a hydrocracked oil that means the molecules look like this 00ooo00o0o0o0o0o0o0oOOOO0O0Ooooooo etc but they are all round not in perfect size and roundness, mobil one full synthetic scored higher than amzoil and royal purple with molecules like ooooooooooooooooooooooo etc all perfect same size and perfect roundness, valvoline,penzoil,q-state, non sythetic oil had molecules that had very few round molecules, mostly squares and triangles which has a higher friction rating,you can also order bulk oils from conco with different additive packages, nothing wrong with running a low dollar oil just make sure it is a hydrocracked oil which is closer to a synthetic than base stock oil.

Back