Official Cali Sledpull thread!

Also not sure about the water injection rule. No water allowed but commmercially available pump lube is.

Diesel Super Street
Super Street Diesel Category Rules

The Super Street (SS) class is designed for full-bodied trucks. The vehicle must be four wheel drive.

Weight breaks:
8000 lbs. Weight is with driver.

REGULATIONS

Ballast:
Ballast is permitted. Hanging weights may not extend more than 60 inches from the centerline of the front axle. Weights in bed must be mounted securely. No weights in driver compartment.

Batteries:
Batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in the driver compartment.

Body:
The body may be any 3/4- or 1-ton full-size pickup truck body. The bed floor must remain intact. The body must retain full sheet metal. Metal after-market hoods are permitted. Factory constructed flat beds will be allowed per the tech official’s judgment.

Brakes:
Four-wheel hydraulic brakes are mandatory.

Chassis:
The full OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are prohibited.

Cooling System:
Radiators must be in the stock location and at least of stock size.

Credentials:
All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license.

Driveline:
An OEM transmission and transfer case is mandatory. It must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup. All trucks must have at least six inch wide u-joint shields around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 1/4 inch steel or 3/8 inch aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the rear shaft. All shields must be securely mounted to the vehicle. Any front shaft u-joint that is visible from the side of the truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the shaft.

Driver Restraint System:
The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn snugly.

Engine:
The engine is restricted to 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder compression ignition engines. All vehicles must have an OEM engine. The engine block must have been available as a factory option on one-ton or smaller pickup trucks.

Exhaust:
All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward or downward. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed in the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the final turbo as is practical. The exhaust must exit rearward of the driver's compartment. Stacks exiting through the hood or fender well are prohibited.

Fire Extinguisher:
A fire extinguisher is strongly recommended. It must be securely mounted within reach of the driver.

Floor:
The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory.

Fuel:
The fuel must be pump #1 or #2 diesel only. Soy/Biodiesel fuel is permitted.

Helmet:
Drivers must wear a helmet meeting Snell 90, 95, 2000, K98 or SFI Spec 31.1 or 41.1 standards. The retention strap must be securely and snugly fastened the helmet must have the appropriate certification sticker affixed inside it.

Hitch:
The hitch must be a receiver style hitch attached to the frame; reinforcements are permitted. Trick hitches are prohibited. The hooking point must be the rear-most point of the vehicle. Alternatively, the hitch must be constructed of solid material that is properly attached and braced; the hooking point must be at least 44 inches rearward from the centerline of the rear axle. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. The hitch's height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches. Bumpers may be notched or removed. The hooking point must have a minimum 3.00 inch inside diameter opening for the sled hook. The hooking point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop.

Interior:
A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliner, etc., is mandatory. Two matching front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted; they must be fully upholstered. All factory controls (lights, signals, horn, windows, wipers, etc.) must be retained and be operative. The vehicle must be equipped with two front seats that are securely mounted.

Master Cutoff:
A sled- and driver-operated spring-loaded emergency air shut off is recommended. The cable must terminate into a two inch diameter steel ring.

Nitrous Oxide:
Nitrous oxide is prohibited. All other oxygen extenders are prohibited. All bottles and tanks must be removed from the truck and all lines must be capped at the solenoid(s).

Propane:
Propane is prohibited. All bottles and tanks should be removed from the truck and all lines must be capped at the solenoid(s).

Rear End:
Non-OEM rear end housings are prohibited. The rear end must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.

Suspension, Front:
The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location. Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided factory-mounting points to chassis are maintained. The lower mounting point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. The final decision rests with the MM Technical Department.

Suspension, Rear:
A Street-legal, working suspension with at least 1” of travel is mandatory. Control arms may be strengthened or replaced, provided all original mounting points are retained. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, limit straps, and camber kits are permitted. Air suspension is permitted, but the compressor must be disconnected.

Tires:
Tires must be DOT street tires only. Cut tires are prohibited.

Transmission, Automatic:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles with engines running more than the stock RPM and using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of tail housing with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket-type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturer’s instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. It is strongly recommended that vehicles with engines running more than stock RPMs and using an automatic transmission be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1. If a SFI rated flex-plate is unavailable then the use of a blanket shield is permissible per above specifications.

Transmission, Manual:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. All transmissions must be clutch assisted. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles with engines running more than the stock RPM and using an manual transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A SFI rated flywheel is strongly recommended if engine is running more than stock RPMs. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 or 4.2 and must completely cover the bell-housing, it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket-type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturer’s instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1.

Turbocharger:
Turbochargers are limited to one single turbo with an inducer size of 2.8 inches.

Water Injection:
Water injection is prohibited. Alcohol, methanol, and all other flammables are prohibited. Commercially available pump lube is allowed. All tanks must be removed from the truck, and all lines must be removed after the water pump.

Wheelbase:
The vehicle must retain the original factory wheelbase and track width for the body used.

*All judgment calls will be made by MLM officials and will be final.

The last time I talked to Brian he said he was gonna have a stock, 2.8, something like a 3.2 twin/unlimited single, and a class for Scott. I'm not sure if he changed his mind on the rules or if something messed up.

Never satified your referring to the Diesel street class and Keith and I are referring to the Super Street class.

Read the first 3 lines of the post. It clearly says SUPER street. I know what both of you are referring to but its not on the site. The only class on his site allowing twins is modified

Scott, are the rules different now than when he first updated them?

yea im talking about ss calss but the way i have my truck set up now i still have to go mod becuse of my stack out the hood and my solid blocked rear end sounds like to many rulls for that class but i dont have unlimeted funds to go bigger might just have to stay in the shop and lut it colect dust

The rules on MLM site now are different from a couple of days ago. Now there are 3 classes instead of 4 classes. They seem to have gotten rid of the real Super street class and renamed the 2.8 class to Diesel Super Street.

Yup, your right, they did change it. Street is now work stock and Super Street is just that Super Street, then goes right to Scott's truck, Modified.

Joe

I talked to Brian, the changes he made last week didn't stick for some reason he is looking into it.

BBD

Well, the Super Street rules need to be clarified.

Driveline:
Racing or aftermarket transmissions, transfer cases and front and rear ends are permitted.

Transmission, Automatic:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited.

Transmission, Manual:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited.

Little bit of discrepancy there.......

Plus, why is Water Injection prohibited in this class?? Maybe I'm thinking of NADM rules but I coulda swore it used to be permitted in MLM SS.

Joe

Ya I dont see why they don't allow water

Plus, why is Water Injection prohibited in this class?? Maybe I'm thinking of NADM rules but I coulda swore it used to be permitted in MLM SS.

Joe[/QUOTE]

yea we sould have water have to get the temps down some how why dose it mater where my stack comes out and whats with the 1in. rear block spacing why cant we run the class like a dhra pro mod you can run a bigger truck but not have to be as big as scott truck

We will have to discuss with Brian, I agree with the open trans in SS and Mod only, same with water and stacks forward of the cab SS and Mod only.

BBD

Last edited:
You guy's that have sugestions please list the class your reffering to, I don't see the 1" of travel in the SS class, unless I missed it, so you must be talking about Street or Stock and I agree with the 1" in those classes as you wouldn't drive on the street with a solid rear end or a hood stack for that matter.

BBD

Check out the rules now on the MLM site, Brian spent some time on them last night.

BBD

Back