Official Cali Sledpull thread!

Gustine FFA pulls fri, 7-3-09

whos all going? be nice to see a turn out like hilmars event

I'll be there, last year I watched and they had the blue and Brown sled they normally have, the brown one was used for the diesel's. Not sure if they will do the same thing though.

Merged with the official cali sled pulling thread. Please keep all information regarding cali sled pulls in this thread.

-Tom

Sonora-2nd place and 5th place

Tom/Craig,

Sorry for not bring back a Big Power Diesel win. I really screwed up locking my converter in the Streeet modified class before I was on top of the turbo. I finished 5th. In the Extreme class I had a nice clean run, again tranny wouldn't shift into to third so I was lacking some speed but it was good enough for 2nd. Some guy named Scott V took first, he had 54 feet on me.

Seriously, Scott had a really nice run. It was my first time seeing a truck of that caliber run, I will take 2nd place any time when up against that.

YouTube - Sonora Truck Pulls 6/09

there is my 2nd place run.

Sonora 2009 truck pull,

Man it was hot up there.

First, the classes , rules and regulations really need to get straightened out. It's hard to develop a competitive truck for a specific class if the class rules are different everywhere. Street mod at this pull was not allowed to hang weight, which sucks. Also, the rules stated that if you werent hanging wieght and had a endless mods on your truck you could pull Street mod. So essentially by these rules BBD could drop its weight and pull in Street mod.

Second, the scales. I understand that scales can have sleight variations but when the scale says a tailgate weighs 120lbs and that i myself weigh 280, something ireally wrong. Especially when standing at the rear of the scale ultimately changed what weight the scale read?????? WTF????

Any way it was packed, 60+ hooks. I entered the Street mod and the Extreme class. I fudged it locking my converter in the Street mod and almost stalled the truck, I got 5th. In the Extreme class I had a noce clean run, all be it without 3rd gear, and took 2nd. No way I was beating BBD who threw down 238 feet to my 178.

All in all it was great getting 2 hooks, the LNL guys did a great job managing the traffic in the arena, there was never a delay between hooks.

Here is my extreme pull.

p.s. i was amazed that i was able to lift my 389lb weight plates all by myself. Must have been the mountain air.

Shame on you Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats five across the eyes from Wes :hehe:

-Tom

Where is your second hook Andrew? I think you posted the street hook twice, not sure......truck looked like it ran pretty good, I can't wait for Gustine, these 3 week breaks between events I keep taking are killing me.

Joe

Man it was hot up there.

First, the classes , rules and regulations really need to get straightened out. It's hard to develop a competitive truck for a specific class if the class rules are different everywhere. Street mod at this pull was not allowed to hang weight, which sucks. Also, the rules stated that if you werent hanging wieght and had a endless mods on your truck you could pull Street mod. So essentially by these rules BBD could drop its weight and pull in Street mod.

Second, the scales. I understand that scales can have sleight variations but when the scale says a tailgate weighs 120lbs and that i myself weigh 280, something ireally wrong. Especially when standing at the rear of the scale ultimately changed what weight the scale read?????? WTF????

Any way it was packed, 60+ hooks. I entered the Street mod and the Extreme class. I fudged it locking my converter in the Street mod and almost stalled the truck, I got 5th. In the Extreme class I had a noce clean run, all be it without 3rd gear, and took 2nd. No way I was beating BBD who threw down 238 feet to my 178.

All in all it was great getting 2 hooks, the LNL guys did a great job managing the traffic in the arena, there was never a delay between hooks.

Here is my extreme pull.

p.s. i was amazed that i was able to lift my 389lb weight plates all by myself. Must have been the mountain air.

You may want to read the rules again. BBD can't run street mod. Suspension needs 2'', DOT tires, single turbo... He isn't even allowed in the extreme class. No tube chassis. Why they put him in that class I don't know.

Back