"OLD UGLY" Re-Visited Build Thread #RonA #DPF Challenge 2016

Any more pictures of that interior? I need some ideas when it comes time for me to cage mine and redo the interior. also what did you use for sound deadener in the cab?

How I've missed this, this long is beyond me.
I feel it's been stated enough but I feel the need to say it again... Your work is truly amazing.
I too, was upset to see this truck just disappear. Glad to know it went to an exceptional home.

Any more pictures of that interior? I need some ideas when it comes time for me to cage mine and redo the interior. also what did you use for sound deadener in the cab?

I'll get some interior pics up here soon. I sprayed Lizzard skin on the floor skins inside and out. Inside firewall was a combo of Dynamat and another brand for the roof. I cant recall the name but its from Summit and cost was less then the Dynamat.

How I've missed this, this long is beyond me.
I feel it's been stated enough but I feel the need to say it again... Your work is truly amazing.
I too, was upset to see this truck just disappear. Glad to know it went to an exceptional home.

Thanks!! Yes she's well cared for while parked inside with the engine off :lolly

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Here is a few pictures of the front end completed and checking alignment. The new EMF steering fit extremely nice and their quality shows.

IMG_5673_zpsi6jzycfy.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_5671_zps09p20gon.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_5176_zpsudzelkxe.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_5173_zpsmlhif95x.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_5686_zpstv8l9te8.jpg
[/URL]

We fabricated a stainless steering stab mount clam shell style.

IMG_5170_zpsdjla8kgg.jpg
[/URL]

I was going to rebuild my old T case for this build but ended up finding a awesome deal on a brand new manual 271 T case to match my fat TCS billet output. Beats rebuilding the old and swapping T case input's for sure.

IMG_5638_zpsaablp8a8.jpg
[/URL]

Seven weeks of wait for the new pogo sticks was over. Old Ugly was looking kind of funny with some temp king 2.0's until these were finished being built. :rockwoot:

IMG_5675_zpsciz6soom.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_5654_zpsrzqgpahb.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_5121_zpsgapepr7h.jpg
[/URL]

Wow This is one awesome build! I love all the welding and custom fabrication!
I got a question for you tho! I did a custom truss once and when I was done the axle had over 1" of deflection from the welding process. I didn't catch it at first and didn't know until I ate a Ring and pinion! How did you keep the axle from sucking towards the weld?

2-phase compression and rebound dampers. Are you planning on bajaing this thing?! ha ha That front end setup is slick!

Wow This is one awesome build! I love all the welding and custom fabrication!
I got a question for you tho! I did a custom truss once and when I was done the axle had over 1" of deflection from the welding process. I didn't catch it at first and didn't know until I ate a Ring and pinion! How did you keep the axle from sucking towards the weld?

Thanks! Pre-bow on fixture table during tacking and welding helps with that.

2-phase compression and rebound dampers. Are you planning on bajaing this thing?! ha ha That front end setup is slick!

At times hell yes I will and Dan "Zstroken" has secured a spot already riding shotgun! Old Ugly is built to do a little of everything not exactly the best at anything but making me smile.

Thanks I just spent 2 hours on youtube looking at truckj umps then monster trucks then biggest haulers damn it! LOL

Thanks! Pre-bow on fixture table during tacking and welding helps with that.

At times hell yes I will and Dan "Zstroken" has secured a spot already riding shotgun! Old Ugly is built to do a little of everything not exactly the best at anything but making me smile.

I can be the camera man. LOL

Holy fukk! Those shocks are SICK! Along with the rest of the build. This is gonna be one bad behotch.

Back