Ole Shakey upgrades

Moparbubba

Figured id join up over here to and share my build with yall
aefc69ec-34b1-a299.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX

Put an ad up on craigslist for my stock exhaust and got an email from a guy who said he wanted the dp. Called him the next day it was the guy i bought the truck from years ago :D he needed the dp for his chevy conversion tow truck we got to talking bout the truck and i learned a little more history bout it he got it from a plumbing supply place down south here in De and towed it up on that very tow truck....

Sent from my DROIDX

Sent from my DROIDX

Man that's what a fan shroud is supposed to look like? Out of all my trucks I've never had one that is not missing a piece at the top. The oil vent system looks nice. I need to do that or a scavenging system. Looks good man

My shroud has a crack in the bottom but it lets it slip by
pass the fan :D and i got the ag breathers to help with excessive pressure and blow by i wasnt having issues just wanted a better vent then the tappet blown down tube i have less oil leaks now thinking of puttin a 24v breather on the oil fill to vent the front cover

Sent from my DROIDX

Tack weld the gate, or spring style waste gate? Looks good, may want to think about a little bit longer of an intercooler hose, looks like its not on very far. I liked my 351, was a fun turbo, instant spool and cooled well even at high boost levels.

I rigged up a very heavy spring. And no leaks so far with the coolertubz and boots that came with em its a tight fit the turbo end is like 2.75 and my boot is 2.5 had to stretch it to get it on.

Sent from my DROIDX

How much are you getting out of it? Mine was a little hot until I started to raise the gate opening. I ended up doing my best in the lower 40's. I had pushed it to 48 a few times, and it held.

So far im hitting 30psi but ive got a timing bump, spacer, cooler Tubz,grid delete and stock injectors

Sent from my DROIDX

Back