One thing led to another. Build thread.

^^^ One of the most badass trucks on the planet!!! LOVE what he's trying to do with it!

Look up Bobby on Yellowbullet. Goes by Miss Misery. Or Miss Misery Racing on FB.

He's tried everything including different tire diameters to fight the different roll-out's at speed. I bet he'd be happy to answer any questions. Last I read he had a lot to figure out but he can definitely tell you what not to do.

mm2.jpg

He's the default go-to guy on big power 4wd. I don't think i'm worthy of asking him any questions. I've heard of slightly taller gears or bigger roll out in front to keep things straight.

Here are some boring updates...
M24x1.5 straight tap and pipe plugs to take care of the plugs in the head.

33250A36-2755-4921-A910-0665CCA7DEDA_zpsfbgplep2.jpg

Complete rear carrier (with ring gear attached) weighed for good measure.
85942022-44B0-4E00-811B-CB6706BDDF27_zps15inqxjy.jpg

Cage progress
82B44D2D-596B-4D89-B902-EEA221D910C3_zpsymjg4xfq.jpg

Cage is looking nice! If you read Bobby's thread on yellow bullet he talks about how when he wrecked that truck he was running shorter drag radials in the front and taller drag slicks in the back and running lower gears in the front. Why on earth he would try that is beyond me, but slicks grow at a much faster rate then a radial and the rear ended up out running the front putting the truck into a slide. So I would say don't try the gear staggering

Cage is looking nice! If you read Bobby's thread on yellow bullet he talks about how when he wrecked that truck he was running shorter drag radials in the front and taller drag slicks in the back and running lower gears in the front. Why on earth he would try that is beyond me, but slicks grow at a much faster rate then a radial and the rear ended up out running the front putting the truck into a slide. So I would say don't try the gear staggering

Shorter tires and lower gears in front would be the opposite of what i think would work. A little taller final gear would straighten it out.

Shorter tires and lower gears in front would be the opposite of what i think would work. A little taller final gear would straighten it out.

Yea you defitentaly want the front tires turning a little faster then the rear. Most of the awd import guys just run a few psi more air pressure in the fronts. Viscous Coupling would be the beez knees if we could make it live in our heavy torquey vehicles

I was at the test and tune in gainesville when he wrecked it, it was on slicks all around like pictured.

I took my head and springs to a friend of mine that builds racing engines. We figured out the specs on my haisley "200 lb" dual valve springs, and I gave him a hand fitting a polycarbonate windshield on a friend's camaro.

6CAF7450-2B1B-4CDB-A9C2-71740831E931_zpsdjr7ndt6.jpg

09956321-0B68-41AD-AE80-E59E6D5D22D5_zpsphnj4il3.jpg

probably not needed with an electric water pump, but it's one less thing to worry about.
8529C127-588F-4C33-95A8-0A23C0D5B128_zpsvjoxdioy.jpg

5012B359-76A4-4452-9DAD-6D22F4F247AC_zpsbzg1knoy.jpg

Cory is making some progress on the cage, and tomorrow I'm heading to his place to drop off the missing body parts so he can get the doors and hood mounted.

A80B88D4-CCB3-45BB-AB6C-94150C27E720_zpsrxolstwa.jpg

37F163BE-EB31-46A5-BB02-4A46BE0E2358_zpsthiledgd.jpg

22ED7E9F-ACC6-40F1-9700-3AE840B39FF5_zpsdrckix07.jpg

Is it ok to tap the plugs with the head on? And where did you get the plugs and tap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd assume that doing so would put metal shavings in the head and passages and not be to great of an idea. Re-read post #185 and #186 to see where he got the plugs and tap.

Last edited:
Is it ok to tap the plugs with the head on? And where did you get the plugs and tap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plugs from sherco, tap on ebay - used.

You could probably tap the holes with head installed. At a minimum, i'd drain enough coolant so the area was dry. Grease the tap and clean it every 1/2 turn or so. Use a magnet to pick up any shavings when you finish each hole. That is just my opinion, use your best judgment.

Back