Opinions. Lower leave or lift my 90

6 speed 90

Drunken hillbilly
This is my 90 now
b95aa89f7b94fca8d420d8834455120e.jpg

What are your guys opinions, this truck serves multiple purposes towing, daily driving and play.... no truck pulling been there done that. Anyway once I get my build finished (build thread coming soon) the plan is to get in the high 11s manually shifted, compound turbos are installed already just trying to get the injection side fine tuned. I'll be running drag radials at the track and street tires for daily use.

Now before the laughs start I've run manuals on the track I know what I'm up against. What do you guys think of my previously stated uses of the truck what should I do, its not gonna be a track queen just a visitor of track once in awhile.

I like how it sits, but i like em taller :cheers:
But with radials and street tires.. lower!

Rust repair. Then lower.

Lol I know man. I'm just running it through the winter, then I got fenders and doors to put on. Sad part is this truck had 4k worth of body work done to it 3 years ago, then some kid smashed the fenders with 35s no lift and drivers door backing into something. The frame still has factory paint and markings on it.

So lowering it seems to be the winning route so far, with a couple leave it as is. I like the idea of lowering it with wide tires and less back spacing on the rims, I like the look of my rims I don't like how they're inside the body now.

I think it's a terrible fad that should go away.
But I don't know how to buy tires for wheels so what do I know?

I think it would look great with a lift, but for your stated purpose I suggest lowered with street tires...

f8b07d0235d86746d2a96a781faa0a38.jpg
I like the look I have with this truck as much tire as possible just leveled, they only protrude from the wells by an inch.

That being said I obviously can't do that with this and run it at the track on 35s.

Back