Our last tug-of the season!! sept. 25th

TUG-FEST

Tug-A-Truck LLC
Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 6pm...our last pull of the season....Auglaize County Fairgrounds Wapak

We will be raffleing off a padside sponsor spot and 4 two day passes with camping for TUG-FEST 2011 at our September 25, 2010 pull at Wapak. We will begin selling raffle tickets at noon on Saturday, September 25th. The tickets will sell for $10 each...we will draw the winner Saturday evening and you must be present to win

some others have brought to my attention that the nitto NT05 is a race tire, it is not a race tire, the NT05R is, a certain person who pulls has recently bought a set and the happen to be NT05`s which are aloud to pull..

hope to see you all there!

Whatever will you do all winter without truck tugs? Rasslin pay-per-view?

Have you ever considered contributing something to the site? Or are you just here to pimp your alternative lifestyle "motorsports" for free?:poke:

Ah I think they will have their hands full enough,through the winter months in trying to get preped for may..

Im workin on gettin them to contribute, let me ask what have contributed??? Whats wrong with a alternative diesel motorsport??

How can you consider those tires a "truck" tire. Most of the load rating will not support a 6500lb truck, only one size will support a 9500lb truck. Heck, the Maxxix trepador is more of a truck tire then these. So really, let's be realistic!!!! Or better yet, ALLOW ALL DOT TIRES!!!!! Make it simple!

rules state : DOT aproved tires that are intended for ''highway use'' by the manufacture.... no competition tires.
Later, Brian

Brian, it's nothing against you. It's just BS, why not go back to the old rules, DOT tire, 30" Hitch, and weight. I'm all for allowing drag slicks, "competition" tires and any other tire that has a DOT number on the side. Start to take fun out of it!

What i don't understand is why they don't let people run a competition tire. Last time i checked it was a copetition. and most of the comp tires are the same price as a like a pit bull or other mud tires like that. Run what you brung and hope you brought enough.

no prob shaw, just the way i read the rules they dont have to truck tires.
mine are not comp tires like the nto5r. Actualy they are not as great as i thought they would be. lol Later Brian

Brian, I bet if you use them this summer they will, I talked to the guys at the Nitto both at Indy this weekend, they said they would work awesome, but you have to get ALOT of heat in them

brian is right, why throw a fit about it? they arent any worse than a 420. they aren`t the R model... and they are dot highway approved. the maxxis unless you run the radials then your screwed... have you seen what a trep looks like after a rock crawl comp.? they are so chewed up its not funny, due to the "tear-away compound" of the tire. I can understand why those arent aloud... brians NT`s are burnt off more than enough now that they should hook,but Im not so sure they will dominate

the maxxis unless you run the radials then your screwed... have you seen what a trep looks like after a rock crawl comp.? they are so chewed up its not funny, due to the "tear-away compound" of the tire. I can understand why those arent aloud...
ya I have my question is has anyone seen what a trep look like as far as wear once its broken in ie leading edge ripped off the wear slows way down as in about the same wear as a bogger or something of that nature. but hey what would I know about them, being I am the one thats owned multiple sets of them, and put more then my fair share of road miles on them.

well I know Im not the only one who has seen a set of em broke in.. I remember seein yours, and multiple sets at Harlan at the king of the hammers...

I just think it's awesome that Gossard never replies to a question!!!!!! But thanks for posting about only his events!

I just think it's awesome that Gossard never replies to a question!!!!!! But thanks for posting about only his events!

Sorry shaw, it has been a minute since I have been on here.. we have been extremely busy at the shop. If I had a schedule of everyone elses events I would have no problem what so ever, posting their events. This sport is a growing sport and I think we can all agree on that, I hope that everyone that tugs will eventually be on here and help stand behind it.

The tire situation is getting hard these days, if the tire is DOT approved would be intended for highway and street driving, run it. I dont care if it is a car tire and has to be intended for highway use,I have never said it had to be a TRUCK or a CAR tire.. but dont bring a drag radial tire. Im not gonna make anyone run a truck tire.... hope this sums it up for all of you. if you have a tire in mind that you want to run,and want to make sure you can run it pm me and I will let you know, before you spend a bunch of money on them. :Cheer:

I'm just saying that a Maxxis trepador is just as worthy for the highway as the Nitto NT05 on a 9500lb truck! They are in the same boat! I see it they they are both "competition" tires, and that's fine. just let them all run! It's just like the 420s, you don't see them on highway trucks, but they win and everyone is buying them. When Pitbull tires win all the time, people buy pitbulls, and same with sport kings, Nitto 420s, and so on.

And asking for you to ok a tire, I'm about 95% sure Hitch asked you about the Trepadors and you said ok, and then banned them after a couple pulls

Just make it simple!

shaw be realistic, if someone is going to run a trep on the road ALL the time, they must have too much money to blow...I know hitch ran em on the road some but as you have see what they do.. its a competition compound tire, they have a trep, and a trep raidial, a NT-05 and a NT-05R I have seen a few rigs lately running 420`s on the street. I think it was them trucks wars boys that said ok you can then no you cant. just like they did to brian.

how do you figure a trep and a nt are in the same boat??? no way the same compound, if that was the case brians tires would have fell apart by now.

Make it simple. anything goes. I have never seen a drag radial or slick win or even get in the top three in there short existance. This is a competition so allow competition tires. Most of them are just as expensive or cheaper than say pit bulls or boggers. If the sport wants to get bigger it will have to go this route. And im not saying that slicks or drag radials can't hook they just didn't when i saw them. And face it a typical truck off the street can't hang with the trucks now anyways unless they have a good tire.

Just for $hits and giggles. How much were your treps if you don't mind saying. Just wondering on a comparison to like a pit bull.

the only thing a trep and a nto5 have in common are that they are both black, and round. they have to be street grade and non competition,... that leaves a lot of tires that can be used nto5 fits the bill .If you nit pick every tire on the market enough you will end up with one tire in the end that fits the criteria, and that would be a spec tire . Nobody wants a spec type class.Thats the great thing about tug'n Is that the rules are few and simple, I just dont see why people overcomplicate things.
Later, Brian

Fewer rules would equal no rules for tires. And eventually people will nit pick the legal tires anyway. Why do you think so many people run pit bulls and now 420's. And with how many tires out there and personal preferences and money and new tires coming out there will never be a day when it is a spec tire competition. And the more tires you allow people to run the less chance there is of that anyway. And just cause you have a certain tire does not in any mean you can get your truck to hook with them. Either direction it goes i will pull though. It just seems there would be a lot less *****ing and no gray areas with a run what you brung on the tires. They either need to be more specific with rules or have no rules on tires. Too much gray area right now.

Back