Our last tug-of the season!! sept. 25th

shaw be realistic, if someone is going to run a trep on the road ALL the time, they must have too much money to blow...I know hitch ran em on the road some but as you have see what they do.. its a competition compound tire, they have a trep, and a trep raidial, a NT-05 and a NT-05R I have seen a few rigs lately running 420`s on the street. I think it was them trucks wars boys that said ok you can then no you cant. just like they did to brian.

how do you figure a trep and a nt are in the same boat??? no way the same compound, if that was the case brians tires would have fell apart by now.
And like I said a trep doesn't seem to wear any worse then a bogger once the trep is broken in. for instance mine last year didn't show any real signs of wear after the first pull in kenton with them.

As far as what was said last spring it went like this

truckwars told me if I could run them down the highway and they were a truck tire I could run them.

tug-a-trucks said at the 2008 fall pull drivers meeting if it had a DOT stamp you could run it in 2009, then in the spring it went to DOT intended for highway use so I called 3-4 times between the time the rule was posted and mid April couldn't get a answer from them. Also supposedly someone seen me pull with the treps in a backyard and went and asked tug-a-truck about them and was told they were fine to run.

so go to the first pull beginning of may 2009 I win on trepadors and the **** storm starts. the following week I don't have to call the tug promoters they call me about tires. and all of a sudden its changed to I have to prove this and that and some of this.

so it came down to tug-a-truck basically kept giving me hoops to jump through and I did what I could to meet them and when it came the day of the pull it just suddenly changed to no competition tires. then truck wars came up with letting the drivers vote on it and the drivers voted unanimously for me to run the tires. I think there was maybe 5 people who voted against me running the tires.

1000 for the set I had last year that had 5-6 rockcrawl comps on them when I bought them
1300 for a new set mounted on h2 wheels this spring
about 3000 new from maxxis as of the other night they had them in stock
know of a set with I believe bead locks and tires at 60% +- for 1000-1500 for sale right now

and this is why my junk is for sale I'll just go racing in the woods were the only rules I have to follow is for safety

I'm with Hitch, I think I'll just stick to the sled. I enjoy the pulls, but tired of all the BS. Keep the rules simple, if someone gets beat by a tire.....then go buy a set. The only reason people aren't b****in about 420s and sport kings, because they are only $120 per tire.

Its a competition, competition tires should be allowed!

As far as i know sport kings have been discontinued. Kinda a shame they are a great all around tire not just a good tuggin tire.

i dont tug with you guys but are rules in florida is run what u brung and hope u brung enough. if u wanna run slicks u can if you wanna run tractor tires you can. it dont matter. if u get out pulled you just try harder next time. hell ive seen stock tires out pull boggers before

Yea i have saw some of the florida stuff. Pretty cool. They try to keep dots so the average guy can compete. But any more that is impossible. And i think if they want it to grow they need to open it up. Its a competition so allow competition tires. Most guys only have 5000$ or less trucks anyway. still a cheap sport. And with the winnings that have been out there now it would be well worth putting a few grand just in tires. And from my experience bigger is not always better on tires.

I just have one other thing to add about this whole tire ordeal. It they have to be DOT tires and no competition tires. Then ban cut and grooved tires and must run on a DOT rim. I would also go as far as no tire treatments, but there is no way to enforce that.

And from my experience bigger is not always better on tires.

Thats very true. ive been outpulled buy 35's before its sad to admit to but he was getting all his power to the ground where all mine wanted to do is let the tires spin. ive seen 1 guy that had a 2.5 ton truck with 54's get out pulled but a ford f150 on 33 inch thornbirds. it was a sad day for him espically with the ford only having 1 ton running gear

on thornbirds........ouch that had to hurt!!!! I ran them tires once. I feel everybody should run those, so they how a sh**y tire performs! LOL

Hey don't dog on the thornbirds my buddy had a set that were pretty well worn down and had minor grooving done to them and got second at waynesfield in 5000 last year. Since then they have wore down too much and don't hook anymore. But yea they were the only set of thornbirds i have seen hook some what exceptional. By the way there was about 16 trucks in the class he beat shanelines black truck and lost to the chick that has the yellow shortbed chevy on sport kings in the finals. So definatley not slouch competition.

TUGFEST question!!!! Trep radials?? and Creepy crawlers the non-comp version?? Can i run them next year. Both non comp tires and DOT approved... Whats your answer?? Just so everyone knows.

maybe next year i will come up and make some carnage with yall on a pull or to. Can i get rules as far as running gear.

There really isnt any running gear rules yet, dana 30 or rockwells your good to go. Was talking with ryan falkner earlier tonight and iirc in december they are having a , to talk about rule changes and so on. I would suggest not doing to much changing until we know where this is going.

There really isnt any running gear rules yet, dana 30 or rockwells your good to go. Was talking with ryan falkner earlier tonight and iirc in december they are having a , to talk about rule changes and so on. I would suggest not doing to much changing until we know where this is going.

Thanks for the info if you dont mind keep me informed i aint gonna change my 5 tons just to go up there and pull then come back and put my running gear under the truck. Espically when in florida there are very few rules to follow

Back