Out with the old in with the new.

AFC is in as of tonight....... More stuff to tune! I am diggin it though learning allot through this build.

Tuning is going fine just not making any power LOL. Everything we have checked is good, backpressure, boost, timing, bottom charger PSI ect. Now working on fuel system. So far fule pressure is good, lift pump checks out fine, fuel filters changed, timing is about where it should be. Milder injectors are going in next. Have not messed with the AFC housing yet but it is set up with full travel.

Tuning is going fine just not making any power LOL. Everything we have checked is good, backpressure, boost, timing, bottom charger PSI ect. Now working on fuel system. So far fuel pressure is good, lift pump checks out fine, fuel filters changed, timing is about where it should be. Milder injectors are going in next. Have not messed with the AFC housing yet but it is set up with full travel.

ugh...this sounds so similar to the issues I had...I sincerely wish you best of luck!! :Cheer:

I hope for the best. Good luck with tuning I would really like to see this running well again.

It will............ too many other trucks have this combo and are making good power.

I call it now....... No way I will run like this for years. Might be a couple months though.

Looks like the truck is back in business. Best ET to date by almost 2/10ths but also a crap load of nitrous on this pass. Truck now completely burns all the fuel available. Need to get the pump out and benched on Hot Rod Diesels new pump stand.

2011-05-08102904.jpg

Thanks Forest, those chargers were making 82lbs of boost on a big nitrous shot and the 480 was turning 45lbs. I think I need to slow down the 64 some, building to much heat at those high numbers.

Congrats Max! I wish I could have seen it but was to busy looking to see if I was leaving anything on the track LOL...

With that ET your .200 RT I would have had to put down my best pass to take you.

Last edited:
Congrats Max! I wish I could have seen it but was to busy looking to see if I was leaving anything on the track LOL...

With that ET your .200 RT I would have had to put down my best pass to take you.

You are a class act, I'm lucky to have met you.
With all the punks on the internet it's nice to meet a real nice guy.

Congrats to Max on a good run. He's worked hard to get where he's at...

I have said it before and I will say it again, this stuff ain't easy.
These guys deserve credit when credit is due...

Go Texas Diesel Boys :cheer:

Last edited:
Thanks due to MDW for all the wrenching, parts and late hours. :Cheer:

Thanks Jake. ...That is the good thing about a pro tree if you see yellow you cant red light. I red light on sportsman trees some cause the truck leaves too quick on yellow. That or it is a 0 light.

Back