outlaw 2.6

megatron

As most of you have heard, the outlaw pulling association is making the single rear tire rule for the 2.6 class, max size of 35x12.50 at that. I don't have a single tire in my truck that is that small, meaning would have to buy 4 new rims and tires just to pull with one association. I know I'm not the only one out there that is not happy with this rule. So here's the deal, how about we just don't show up to their pulls until they learn to cooperate with the pullers. We bring the show, not them.

Only if you can get the current single rear wheel competitors to go along with the plan.

So don't pull with them? Also the 35" rules is pretty standard so I don't know what size you can be running to not be able to pull a dual off and go have fun...?

Not many of us around here are srw. I heard the vote was in favor of allowing drw at there rules meeting and they chose srw for some reason.

I'm running 35x13.00. And you can't just pull a dual off because of the front and rear tire offset rule

If it is too much hassle, don't pull with them. You obviously want to pull with them since you brought it up. They are being gracious enough to provide a $2500 purse every night. Because of this, they will probably have plenty of trucks that are willing to fill the void left buy the ones who choose not to come.

After attending their fall banquet, I firmly believe that if anyone shows up without the required safety equipment or meet the given rules, they will not pull. Their group was pretty vocal about this and were worried about the 2.6 class as a whole concerning safety. Remember our class was added to try and get young blood into the association. I believe they said their average age has increased by 10 years in the last 5 years. I don't think all of the old timers in the association are on board. It wouldn't take much for them to ask us to leave.

If we want this to be a one year and done class with this group I recommend everyone keep complaining about it. Obviously Doug had his mind set on the rule before he allowed you to "vote" on it before. I doubt he has any interest in changing it now.

I wouldnt pull with them then, unless you could sell your wheels and tires and get smaller ones

35x13 inch tire is an oddball size tire. Since most places are 35x12.5 you should know that is a risk you will take by pushing a ambiguous spot in the rule.

That being said, I will agree with the comments from 97crewcab. Many of the folks that pull with the outlaws aren't a huge fan of the diesel trucks. I have heard this vocally expressed by outlaw members.

Also if you look at the outlaw schedule they travel all over the central US. Will be in Texas one night, in Missouri the next, and Iowa the next. They want the trucks to continue to be able to hook all 3 nights. You don't have a week to fix the truck.

If you don't like the rules, don't hook.

Guy spends a mountain of money to build a pulling truck and won't buy new tires...I guess the guys that want to pull won't feel bad when you don't show up.

I doubt ill pull with them, for one the rules meeting deal and second I really don't want to deal with a bunch of old guys looking down there nose's because we're "a bunch of punks who can't afford tractors".... Lol

I know a lot of guys from that pull tractors in Outlaw, far from being the "looking down their nose" type.

But I'm sure going on the internet and starting threads like this will make the truck guys well received by the existing members...

Last edited:
I don't want to falsely accuse anyone of being" that guy", but the way I read 97crewcab's post makes them seem that way.

Last edited:
I don't think it is looking down their noses, it is just like most of the gasser, tractor guys elsewhere. I have pulled at several events that have the outlaws, and have always had a good time.

If the 2.6 class trucks show up with the required equipment, act like adults, and are prompt to the events/line, I don't see there being an issue.
I believe they have a stereotype on us of a bunch of kids with street trucks. We need to show them that we are there to be a professional, competitive class.

Beyond the comments that were made on assumptions about our class, the group of guys were very inviting and friendly to us at the meeting. I don't want to portray the group as a bunch looking down on us. I did not mean to make them out to be that way.

I believe they have a stereotype on us of a bunch of kids with street trucks. We need to show them that we are there to be a professional, competitive class.

You mean starting internet drama like this thread isn't helping to disprove that stereotype?

I believe the srw rule was an attempt to limit driveline breakage. I don't know if it will work or not, time will tell i guess.

I specifically recall in the rules meeting discussion i attended that they said you could just pull one dual off to run with them. Are they not allowing that due to the offset difference between front and rear now?

There is no offset rule rule between front and rear so yes you can just pull the outer dual off as long as your running a 35/12.5 or metric equivilant. You show up and you wont pull. The meeting was not to vote on rules it was to see how many will show up for the class.

I doubt ill pull with them, for one the rules meeting deal and second I really don't want to deal with a bunch of old guys looking down there nose's because we're "a bunch of punks who can't afford tractors".... Lol

I know guys that pull in each of outlaws class and they support the local 2.6 trucks. Also its obvious you have no clue how much it cost to build a tractor either.

I know guys that pull in each of outlaws class and they support the local 2.6 trucks. Also its obvious you have no clue how much it cost to build a tractor either.

Cool story bro! Like I said above, I've never meet any of the guys currently pulling outlaw, I just got the impression from what crewcab posted. And your right I'm not sure how much it costs to build a tractor because I've never done it, but I'm sure it's not cheap. I have built a locally competitive 2.6 truck and I know for a fact it's not easy on the wallet.

Back