outlaw 2.6

I see Outlaw has the "new" rules up for the 4x4 diesel on their website. Crazy azz rules for sure!

I see Outlaw has the "new" rules up for the 4x4 diesel on their website. Crazy azz rules for sure!

Basically no 3rd or 4th gen long bed crew cab dodges, no long wheel base fords, and I think the long wheel base chevy is out as well.

I bet that was supposed to be no NO2[nitrous] not #2 diesel, as for the other rules, who knows.
No 106 rears? even the Prostock gassers get to run them, gonna make the dana 80 aftermarket sellers somemore money.

Why is it a big deal that Outlaws decided to adopt the PPL 2.6 rules, plus a couple changes? Isn't this what people have been wanting? A set of rules that allows you to pull pretty much anywhere, or close to it anyway.
We were waiting for the rules to be released, and will now put in our membership so we can participate in the pulls in our area.

Well the main deal is no duals. Everyone else allows it. I have a factory dually. It also depends on if they enforce the WB rule because PPL doesn't. I have seen a lot of PPL results with trucks that I know have a longer WB than 158.....

I just dont understand why they would make the class so factory trucks can't enter.

More I read more I think my truck wouldn't make a good puller. I sit at 7600~ with just me and fuel so I wouldn't be able to really hang any weights.

Last edited:
You also see ppl trucks that have no rear brakes no rear suspension and so on. It all comes down to if the techs are goin to enforce the rules and how far you feel safe pushing them.

I will never be running 2.6 in this truck. It is a DD so I would be in the work stock class but it seems most of them have close to the same rules (minus turbo)

Back