outlaw 2.6

I think all 2.6 classes should be srw 35x12.5 limit. Would help keep from breaking rearends and make it more about setup and driving than just having the most power.

If we which back to srw then will everybody switch to an auto trans to try to make up for it in wheel speed?

If we which back to srw then will everybody switch to an auto trans to try to make up for it in wheel speed?

Unlikely, we'll probably start running a 10:1 final and destroy 5spds as well as ring and pinions lol

Unlikely, we'll probably start running a 10:1 final and destroy 5spds as well as ring and pinions lol

I think you might see the problem move to the Tcases and such.
Be interesting if SRW addresses the issues, and what issues it creates.

Its not as hard to get a truck to hook with srw as you guys make it out to be.

I'm interested to see how long the 4.56/35" srw combination lasts compared the same with duals, If you can get the truck to hook just as hard with srw, the R/P is still going to have a short life with 1000+ hp. Like Bauer said though, I'm not going to chase there points so it really doesn't matter, Ill hit the local hooks and call it a day.

You can only spin dot tires so hard before they stop hooking. I think a 12-13:1 final and some good chassis set up will work great with singles. Sled settings will change slightly and distances and ground speed should be bang on IMO. I don`t see how this will hurt anything really.

Not sure why breaking ring and pinions is still being brought up. All the guys that wanted to run duals with outlaw said they had no problem breaking ring and pinions every hook. This was guys like lowry, wakeman, hall, obyrant, and oconner. The real issue is you shouldnt being breaking parts in the first place.

I'm interested to see how long the 4.56/35" srw combination lasts compared the same with duals, If you can get the truck to hook just as hard with srw, the R/P is still going to have a short life with 1000+ hp. Like Bauer said though, I'm not going to chase there points so it really doesn't matter, Ill hit the local hooks and call it a day.

Should work fine. 5.13 and a srw 36sts was a bit to slow with a hx60 and a a2a spearco.

Not sure why breaking ring and pinions is still being brought up. All the guys that wanted to run duals with outlaw said they had no problem breaking ring and pinions every hook. This was guys like lowry, wakeman, hall, obyrant, and oconner. The real issue is you shouldnt being breaking parts in the first place.

LOL, last I knew Lowry had yet to get 5 hooks out of a ring and pinion. I was thinking the average was like 2.2222222.

Must be pretty green to this stuff. Cause if you go back to 2005-2007 (not that long ago). Duals weren't that popular cause not everyone was making enough power for duals. So not everyone was scrambling to find traction. When they did start doing them. Most didn't even need them and accomplished nothing but breaking driveline parts. Again, if you are making so much power that your competing in 2.6 and NEED duals. Time to jump to 3.0.

I'm not disagreeing with this specifically but jumping to a 3.0 class often requires the need for an additional crew member. A guy like me can still run 2.6 with out the need for another person to help. Therefore if I make enough power to use duals as the rules allow in the 2.6 class I'm staying there. I don't think just jumping to 3.0 is as easy as everyone makes it out to be.

I think all 2.6 classes should be srw 35x12.5 limit. Would help keep from breaking rearends and make it more about setup and driving than just having the most power.

My 2.6 truck is a factory dually however I agree with this!

I thought the reasoning behind going srw was to slow breakage, that's why I brought it up. I have no problem with it either, when I get tired of breaking ill go ODL or sell out.

A lower hp truck will get better traction than a high hp truck with blowin the tires off.

A lower hp truck will get better traction than a high hp truck with blowin the tires off.

This is true but I was just trying to make a funny more or less. While I don't have a pulling truck... I would see it easier with a ppump with rpms and still dial back fuel if needed than try and make a competitive vp truck. I may very well be off my rocker but just how I see it from the stands.

If everyone goes SRW I can get that fancy enclosed trailer I been wanting lol. I'll have to buy a SRW bed and another set of tires and wheels though........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back