Pictures wanted of 6.0 ford running stock durmax turbo

nc-12vpower

I'm trying to find pictures of what a 6.0 Ford lookes like with stock turbo and what 6.0 looks like with stock durmax charger. I know a guy is cheating in stock class but I have to have some way to prove it, local pull leaves alot to be desired for a good tech person.

Get a good high res pic of a stock 6.0 turbo. Have tech compare that to his at the next pull. That's all you really need.

I highly doubt a stock class puller would go though all that just to cheat. That's not exactly a 5 minute job.

Most likely if he is cheating he's doing something a lot cheaper and easier to do.

IIRC you can run a Duramax LLY comp wheel and housing on a 6.0L center housing. I've heard of it being done.

What are the rules for the class? Might not be much you can do about it anyway

Last edited:
Mad turbo werks used to make a dura stroke turbo that was for a 6.0. Not sure what parts it was made from but sure there are quite a few guys running one.

IIRC you can run a Duramax LLY comp wheel and housing on a 6.0L center housing. I've heard of it being done.

What are the rules for the class? Might not be much you can do about it anyway

Stock class Turbo rule
The turbo is limited to stock appearing OEM make specific only. Turbos from different years in the same make may be interchanged.

thanks

I'm trying to talk the track owner into teching stock class but he said he doesn't have anybody that knows the different trucks that well. Since they aren't being teched a lot of **** talking is happening that teching would shutup.

fwiw a stock 6.0 turbo is something like 55mm and a stock dmax (LLY) turbo is closer to 62.Xmm's

actually, an lly turbo is considered a 64mm. It is something like 63.7, that is why they are more sought after than the lbz/lmm turbos.

If he has machined out the stock 6.0 housing you will have to pull the intake tube to see the wheel size. If he is running the dmax housing it will be a v-band inlet instead of a slip style like a 6.0. Either way the intake tube will need to come off to be sure.

I wouldnt see a problem with it if I teched it, its still a stock Garrett turbo. Just how I wouldnt care if the Cummins guys changed around Holsets.

I wouldnt see a problem with it if I teched it, its still a stock Garrett turbo. Just how I wouldnt care if the Cummins guys changed around Holsets.

Stock class Turbo rule
The turbo is limited to stock appearing OEM make specific only. Turbos from different years in the same make may be interchanged.

I don't see how putting a turbo for one make (chevy) on another make (ford) meets the above rule

OEM make specific. Stock duramax turbo is a garret, stock 6.0 turbo is a garret. If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin.

As long as it was an OEM unit on a truck.

That line of thought is what we call 'The Gray Area'

As long as it was an OEM unit on a truck.

That line of thought is what we call 'The Gray Area'

Why would it have to be OEM unit, it says stock appearing OEM make specific, your line of thought was the turbo being a garrett meets the rules, why not any garrett that bolts in stock location?

Back