Pictures wanted of 6.0 ford running stock durmax turbo

Because they don't look stock.
The techs definition of "stock appearing" is all that matters. No tech? Not his problem.
Take the rules for exactly what they say.

Same goes for you! Bolt on a Super HX40 and let it roll thru tech, it's stock apearring!

If he has a 64mm Garrett wheel, who is to say he didn't buy a 64mm wheel directly from Garrett?

Now if the whole turbo was changed, you might have a leg to stand on. Just a wheel change? Nope. Iirc, RCD has a drop in Batmo for the 6.0l's.

not sure what the issue is duramax and powerstroke are gt37 series turbos with some modifications most parts can be changed, he was looking for decent upgrade in stock trim powermax looks like stock easily supports 155 or 175 inj or he could be running mtw durastroke and set of 190inj. The biggest factor on 6.0 in hp oil simply not being able to run inj bigger than 190 with out dual pumps

so i guess what im getting at is that it is unlikely that it is actually a dmax charger, but possibly a hybrid. which by the rules is ok.

if the rule is stock appearing turbo, like it is in most places i have pulled, then why would he go through all the trouble of going to a duramax turbo instead of getting a modified 6.0 charger? as long as it is the charger that came on the truck from the factory then he can do whatever he wants with it. not sure how if this will help, but it might be worth a read.

Duramax VGT on a 6.7 powerstroke - Duramax Diesels Forum

LLY charger on a 6.0 PSD - Duramax Diesels Forum

thanks

Sounds like someone lost and is a little butthurt.

Just go out and beat him next time.

Careful what you ask for Jonathan. I have been hearing that the Ford in question has a powermax on it, and I'm not sure but I bet it looks stock enough to pass. He must have done some homework, to jump to the front like he has without breaking. Just look at the other 6.0's that have tried. A couple of 2nd place finishes against stock dmaxes doesn't put him in the "obvious cheater" category. You stand to gain more from a "stock appearing" turbo than he does.

Careful what you ask for Jonathan. I have been hearing that the Ford in question has a powermax on it, and I'm not sure but I bet it looks stock enough to pass.

I'm not a puller so I don't know exactly how the rules work, but a Powermax is pretty dang stock appearing, lol. Direct drop in replacement. And you can buy upgraded versions of those also (68mm).

Hell i can buy a IHI for my duraturd thats a stock appearing 71mm. I think the OP is just upset that some else knows how to read between the lines

Careful what you ask for Jonathan. I have been hearing that the Ford in question has a powermax on it, and I'm not sure but I bet it looks stock enough to pass. He must have done some homework, to jump to the front like he has without breaking. Just look at the other 6.0's that have tried. A couple of 2nd place finishes against stock dmaxes doesn't put him in the "obvious cheater" category. You stand to gain more from a "stock appearing" turbo than he does.

I'm (John) asking these questions not Jonathan, I've been told so much BS I'm trying to understand the possible in/outs of turbos. I wish teching would be done to stop all the BS talking about who is legal and who isn't.

I'm (John) asking these questions not Jonathan, I've been told so much BS I'm trying to understand the possible in/outs of turbos. I wish teching would be done to stop all the BS talking about who is legal and who isn't.

I know what you mean. We hear all kinds of crazy rumors about dad's truck, and it's not only stock, but all original. This stuff advances so fast that anyone who doesn't stay up to date falls behind and then the speculation starts. I like the mod class because there is no drama, but I like the competitive spirit in the stock class just as much. It usually seems that anyone who is really out of line gets shamed out of stock class. Brand wars are good for any sport.

I know what you mean. We hear all kinds of crazy rumors about dad's truck, and it's not only stock, but all original. This stuff advances so fast that anyone who doesn't stay up to date falls behind and then the speculation starts. I like the mod class because there is no drama, but I like the competitive spirit in the stock class just as much. It usually seems that anyone who is really out of line gets shamed out of stock class. Brand wars are good for any sport.

The modified aka "Run What You Brung" class (and hope you brung enough) does seem to have less BS talked. I'm 100% for a competitive class but also believe rules should be followed. I'm also aware that some are open to interpretation such as "stock appearing OEM make specific", to me the "make specific" means truck make such as Ford/Chevy/Dodge.

Your dad's truck hooks very well. I've haven't heard any rumors concerning his truck but I'm old and don't hear the younger crowds conversation very often.

if this is a workstock class, with the same rules that you stated earlier in the thread (stock appearing turbo) then he can put a 97478 mm wheel in it as long as the dang thing still looks stock. that's not cheating. if something like a 6.0 running a powermax turbo upsets you, then you might as well stop now. where I pull, there is usually at least 1 800hp truck, if not more in our workstock classes. just be greatful you don't have to try and compete with that lol

if this is a workstock class, with the same rules that you stated earlier in the thread (stock appearing turbo) then he can put a 97478 mm wheel in it as long as the dang thing still looks stock. that's not cheating. if something like a 6.0 running a powermax turbo upsets you, then you might as well stop now. where I pull, there is usually at least 1 800hp truck, if not more in our workstock classes. just be greatful you don't have to try and compete with that lol

This is stock class not work stock, nothing close to 800hp here in stock class. I'm trying to determine whats legal and whats not.

Last edited:
Well it depends on how the rule reads exactly. I know 1 track here changed its OEM stock appearing rule to OEM unmodified charger. I still know guys getting away with running a Powermax which in fact does not fit that bill. Heck with the old rule I could've had mine punched to a 71 for my 6.0 and been legal per the rules. I read rules like there's no tomorrow to make sure I can maximize what can be run cuz everybody else will be.

Back