Pictures wanted of 6.0 ford running stock durmax turbo

I could've had mine punched to a 71 for my 6.0 and been legal per the rules.

That's the case here too. Not many people here maximize what the rules allow though. I don't see any harm in asking to take a look since this guy kinda came outta nowhere this year. In a small outfit like this competitors checking out each others trucks is about all you have for tech. The track just checks weight and hitch height.

But I will say this: one time a few years ago my dad entered mod class and stock class, just to get more hooks and support the pulls. When he showed up at the staging area for stock class, a few guys ran crying to the track owner and got him kicked out of stock class just because he had pulled in mod class earlier. No tech, no accusations of cheating, just kicked him out to shut them up. That's the kind of outfit we are talking about.

Stock class Turbo rule
The turbo is limited to stock appearing OEM make specific only. Turbos from different years in the same make may be interchanged.

this is post #10. if this is the rule than what i said in post #38 (below) applies 100%. so is it stock turbo class with a 100% stock turbo? or is it stock turbo class with a stock appearing charger like stated above? i am confused as to what the problem is now. my advice to you would be to get a modified stock charger if you want to run with the big boys, or just go for fun and not complain about it like the rest of us guys that dont have a chance to compete.

if this is a workstock class, with the same rules that you stated earlier in the thread (stock appearing turbo) then he can put a 97478 mm wheel in it as long as the dang thing still looks stock. that's not cheating. if something like a 6.0 running a powermax turbo upsets you, then you might as well stop now. where I pull, there is usually at least 1 800hp truck, if not more in our workstock classes. just be greatful you don't have to try and compete with that lol

Stock class Turbo rule
The turbo is limited to stock appearing OEM make specific only. Turbos from different years in the same make may be interchanged.

That is the rule.

if this is a workstock class, with the same rules that you stated earlier in the thread (stock appearing turbo) then he can put a 97478 mm wheel in it as long as the dang thing still looks stock. that's not cheating. if something like a 6.0 running a powermax turbo upsets you, then you might as well stop now. where I pull, there is usually at least 1 800hp truck, if not more in our workstock classes. just be greatful you don't have to try and compete with that lol

this is post #10. if this is the rule than what i said in post #38 (below) applies 100%. so is it stock turbo class with a 100% stock turbo? or is it stock turbo class with a stock appearing charger like stated above? i am confused as to what the problem is now. my advice to you would be to get a modified stock charger if you want to run with the big boys, or just go for fun and not complain about it like the rest of us guys that dont have a chance to compete.

Both posts are good advice.

Careful what you ask for Jonathan. I have been hearing that the Ford in question has a powermax on it, and I'm not sure but I bet it looks stock enough to pass. He must have done some homework, to jump to the front like he has without breaking. Just look at the other 6.0's that have tried. A couple of 2nd place finishes against stock dmaxes doesn't put him in the "obvious cheater" category. You stand to gain more from a "stock appearing" turbo than he does.

i heard it is a powermax also. 100% direct bolt on replacement for stock powerstroke turbo

Again this is John not Jonathan, I'm sure he'll be pissed at me for even asking

Nothing wrong with asking. I had heard several different things and am still curious. The powermax seems most likely though, and either the truck is put together right or it won't last much longer.

Nothing wrong with asking. I had heard several different things and am still curious. The powermax seems most likely though, and either the truck is put together right or it won't last much longer.

When I stated "Again this is John not Jonathan, I'm sure he'll be pissed at me for even asking" the he'll I referencing is Jonathan

me and jonathan talked about this yesterday matter of fact. i too had heard so many things on what it is

Back