Pit vehicles

I tried using a big bear 400 had plenty of gear and power just not enough traction even in 4x4, I vote something bigger than an atv

Keep in mind Lynn's truck is 2wd....so it won't be as heavy as a 4x4 puller. I think a BIG CC quad with a few extra tractor weights would do the trick.

truck will be just as heavy as the 4wd's, Mark. We got plenty of room to hang all kinds of weights.

Found a guy with a 6x6 and also a feller in MD has a suzuki sidekick for sale with a bad engine..

Our Suzuki works great I just wish it had lower low range for pulling the 2 wd in the trailer.now we have a winch will make it easier.

Dale

Found a guy with a 6x6 and also a feller in MD has a suzuki sidekick for sale with a bad engine..

Get the sidekick and put an ALH VW TDI engine in it!!! Then paint it the same as your truck and it will be slick and professional looking. Then when it is all done I can shoot it as a package!:rockwoot:

Get the sidekick and put an ALH VW TDI engine in it!!! Then paint it the same as your truck and it will be slick and professional looking. Then when it is all done I can shoot it as a package!:rockwoot:

Don't get any idea's lucky....you either bean pole.....come near my Jetta and you I'll drop you like a bad habit!:poke::evil

Don't need alot of power are not very heavy as long as the hitch on the tow rig is higher than the trucks tow point and short as possible tow rope or what ever or you have to use.our 2wd is hard to move and turn because it has planetaries on the rear end

Dale

This one would probably get the job done for you Lynn.......

Polaris-Ranger-6x6-0705.jpg

This one would probably get the job done for you Lynn.......

Polaris-Ranger-6x6-0705.jpg

The guy who made that is here local in Utah. He has many different versions as well. MARSHALL MOTOART Also has some cool wheel around shop stools. He built the frame for the fiberglass body on the 2 Wild Diesel pro mod truck. Does great work.

The Wild Diesel guys just finished up a Suzuki with a VW diesel in it. Should work great for a pit truck. I will see if I can get a couple pictures to post when I get home.

I'm in the market for a pit vehicle as well as a longer trailer. I'm just wondering how much room there is to work with weight wise before a CDL is required?

Pulling truck 8000 lbs
Tow rig 8000 lbs
4 people ~700 lbs
Trailer 102"x34' w/ 2 10k axles is 7800 lbs
UTV ~2500 lbs (Kubota 1100 RTV for example)

Total is up to 27,000 lbs not including any additional tools or equipment needed.

Isn't a CDL required above 26,000?

Back