PJ trailers?

I am pretty sure it was OK trailer he bought it from, it was actually a decent trailer other than the wiring but the paint only lasted 4 months. Who knew primer is a good thing. LOL

Figures. Glad I punted on them. They are out of OKC. They did have a unique ramp design that I really loved, but they couldn't do it on a low-profile deck.

They actually bought out the "Road Boss" name and factory then got some migrants from CTC. Recipe for disaster. :hehe:

I like the Elite Trailers as well. Made east of here an hour or two.

One brand I see not mentioned is maxey. Good friend of mine bought his 13 years ago. It's a dual tandem 32ft with hydraulic dove. It has been an awesome trailer for him and has not touched since day one. He uses it for farming and a construction business. It probably doesn't have as much miles on it like a hot shot driver but it's used 5,6 days out of the week and we have beat it pretty hard. Trails good no electrical issues even with all the darn gravel around here lol. I think it pulls easier than my buddy's 32 ft pj, I have pulled them both with my truck.

What exactly doesn't last? They rust? How is the wiring different from anyone else?

From what I know there only a handful of manufactures that actually sandblast trailers to prep not to mention have a actual program not just splash and dash paint job, just like any paint job the prep makes the paint job. Their wiring system is a cold weather rated cord, and also includes hydraulic 2 wire line to run the wires down to the brakes, a lot of it is enclosed in the tubing that is used as the rub rail and cross members, neck is made out of tubing which takes a lot of the flex out and makes it easier to pull as well.

http://norberts.com/

Kronic

Sorry I didn't totally answer your question:

Their paint doesn't last and the wiring is always a problem, the structure on them is OK but nothing more than that. If you could get them without paint and wiring and do it yourself you'd be further ahead. That being said people up here have a habit of beating the living crap out of everything up here and testing it beyond the limits of most things. Oil patch guys are the worst since any 18 year old kid can be given a brand new $80K truck and 30' trailer and sent to the bush and haul 25000lb payloads legally up here. Needless to say we see what stands up and what doesn't a lot, not to mention a lot of "how did they manage to wreck that" in the shop as well.

Kronic

Norberts.

Like the wiring.

Flatdecks-2011web-013-444x333.jpg

I looked at one this evening at a local trailer dealer. 25+5, sure-trac, heavy duty ramps, steel dove tail, sealed wiring harness, spring suspension and oil bath dexter axles. I did like that trailer but of course its just new.

Not sure I could handle the heavy ramps it had and the lack of adjustable dove. The mortiz I have been using the past couple years has a 5 ft 2 position adjustable dove. I don't think I can handle a fixed dovetail......not sure.

What about Kaufman Trailers? http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/

I borrowed a 20ft tiltbed from a friend to haul my donor truck from St Louis back to Michigan. I was impressed with the build quality and how it towed. Brakes were excellent, too.

I have an 06 PJ 22.5k gvw with wedge ramps and oil bath axles. I have been very happy with it. The only thing it has needed is tires. Great trailer in my opinion.

just bought a 30 ft pj with electric over hydraulic disc brakes. they are the shizz. talk about stoppping power

IMG_20130910_183528_467_zpsio5lr1ds.jpg

This is the trailer I have been using for the last couple years. Those Moritz adjustable doves are nice and I hate to go away from them to a solid dove.

My Big Tex had the pop up dove tail, and slide under ramps. I was a huge fan of both of those!

I love that style of dove/ramp setup. Mine uses pins and you have to jack it up and down. Looks like a decent trailer. About 15 miles from me.

I love that style of dove/ramp setup. Mine uses pins and you have to jack it up and down. Looks like a decent trailer. About 15 miles from me.

I'd like to get another one like it but to get the length I want has to be custom ordered and cost a pretty penny. I think I'm going to call about that one I just posted. That dovetail looks like its not terribly steep and I like the stand up HD ramps.

If you can at all bear the price of the hydraulic dove tail....you'll never....EVER...buy another "ramped" trailer again. I promise. ;)

Screw ramps. Grab a button and hit up or down. It also doesn't clang and bang going down the road. I like that too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4638.jpg
    IMG_4638.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4568.jpg
    IMG_4568.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 0
I am going to call farm credit and see what kind of money they are willing to give me but I think the cost will end up being more than I can swing at this point.

Back