plasti dip whole truck?

2000_fummins

jack of all master of few
I've found threads of people doing a few parts but not an entire truck. There's a really good shop by me that will do it for under 800$. I've seen a few vehicles they have done (srt8, magnum, and even one mazaritie) (spelling). My truck is super clean right know, not really any scratches in paint or marks. Would this be a good way to protect it? I would definitely have a different look witch I like and its fairly cheep for the protection you get. Thoughts? Anyone done this to your truck?

There are plenty of people who plasti-dip their whole car. It's a cheap way to either change colors or protect the paint until you decide to peel it off. Here's a link to a full kit big enough to do a full size truck for a lot less than $800. There's also videos on the site of the guy spraying his Audi in his driveway over the course of an afternoon. Looks pretty simple and fool proof really.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/ProfessionalCarKitTruckSUV.html

I just have some mixed feelings, just would like to get a feel for how long it lastes and how easy it is to remove. Looking for some reviews.

I just got through peeling a friends BMW. If you end up doing it, MAKE SURE YOU MASK EVERYTHING! It gets everywhere and is difficult to get out of the trim and small areas.

I just got through peeling a friends BMW. If you end up doing it, MAKE SURE YOU MASK EVERYTHING! It gets everywhere and is difficult to get out of the trim and small areas.

Pics please. How longs this stuff last, how durable is it, an does it look good?

A guy that works for me did his chrome grille insert...it's got over 20K miles on it now with just a few small rock chips. I was very surprised at how well it's held up.

If you plan on removing do yourself a favor and spray it thick. It holds up very well.

I 2nd the spray it thick. I did my ram head on my grille and didn't it put enough on, I sat with a toothpick rubbing it off.

First set of wheels I did we sprayed just enough to cover. couple months later we had to use solvent instead of picking tiny pieces off.

I think I'm going to go the shop route vs doing it myself. This way if they mess up or something, they are the ones that have to fix it. Just need to see one in person know. Need to see what a finished product looks like. This might be a stupid question but does it still shine like paint would? Just as easy to clean as paint? They whole reason I want to do this is the paint on my truck is like new but I live in the rust belt. The truck only gets driven about 15 miles a day every day so the miles are going to stay down. Just trying to keep it clean an rust free.

First pic is said truck. Stuff does look good
IMAG0110.jpg

images-1.jpg

images.jpg

dyc11.jpg

43173d1346792903-plasti-dipping-my-car-finally-matte-black-plasti-dip.jpg

46221d1364883392-official-plasti-dip-random-chat-image.jpg

If you go to their sight they have a mix to make it pearl looking and also a metallic mix.

I have read numerous complaints on plastidip eating the clear coat off of folks rides. I cant remember the vehicles the owners complaining had. I do remember they had great paint before dipping them. Again, I have never had any issues but its something I read.

Let him bear the palm who has won it

I can pics an reviews from Google but who knows who wrote them. Just would like some more personal experience on here if at all possible.

I sprayed (with cans) a hood black on a victory red silverado. 6 months later when peeled off looked the same as the day plastidip was applied.

I've never sprayed anything that was clearcoated, but I did do the lug covers for my truck and it is holding up very well. the thicker you make it the better it holds up and the easier it is to remove.

I'm considering doing my whole truck at this point just need more research before I try it.

Back