plasti dip whole truck?

my bumper has been dipped for 1.5 years now. Sprayed on in -20F weather, still holding great today in the oklahoma sun. When I wash it I just spray it with garden hose, wipe with a cloth. If i get a rock chip, I just respray with a can, don't even wash it first. Plasti dip is amazing stuff.

love this review!

i've been wanting to respray my truck and so on the fence but this may make me do it! rub something and just pull out a can and respray!

You guys should look up DYC on the fbook, they have some good products and have authorized dealers who use or sell their products. Some pretty cool stuff.

love this review!

i've been wanting to respray my truck and so on the fence but this may make me do it! rub something and just pull out a can and respray!

It's no joke. Guy I rent out a room too sprayed his wheels, rockers, and a pin stripe down the side back in june. Still looks good. He just re-did a wheel though because he hit some mud and I guess it gouged it pretty good.

Like the other said. Spray it thick! Lasts longer, and easier to peel. This stuff is very hard to screw up. I had all kinds of runs, just dab it out with a cloth and respray when it tacks up LOL. Even over the original paint, the color matches perfect.

After the last touch up of a long scratch from the dirt bikes:

IMG_20130907_152909_822.jpg

IMG_20130907_152934_830.jpg

Has anybody tried doing a extended cab dually yet? Kind of curious how many gallons it'll take? If the the kit for a truck and SUV would be enuff

Has anybody tried doing a extended cab dually yet? Kind of curious how many gallons it'll take? If the the kit for a truck and SUV would be enuff

The fact that I did an extended cab long bed with 5 gallons doesn't answer your question???

I have been on the fence about line-x/rhino lining my rockers but they are going to get dipped now cause if I don't like it then I'll peel it back off and can touch it up really easy.

DYC says your safe too leave it on for up to 3 years!
if your doing a whole truck don't use aerosol cans use a spray gun. DYC recommends 5 gallons of color for a 4 door short bed and 2 gallons of gloss depends what finish your looking for.
I'm planning on doing it to my truck and I'm being told to spray about 4-5 coats

I was quoted $800 from DYC for my qcsb, if/when im ready i'll go that route.

The think I like the most about this is it protects your paint. So when it comes time to sell an the next guy don't like it, just peal it off. I did my bumpers as of know. Waiting till spring, I'm getting the truck painted. Then I'll dip the rockers , an places were rocks will most likely chip.

Think my crew cab conversion might get plastic dipped also but a long way to go until then

Has anyone done this is a Gloss Black? Kind of Curious about it?? Also, what about existing Scratches and stuff?

I think I've decided to try this..The "Paint Daddy's truck" Fund is low and when I do paint it I want a Quality paint job.

Anyone have any examples of the Gloss Black?

Back