Police reports?

PRINCETON_JAKE

has anyone found or seen the police reports from last weedend? i was talking to a security officer who said the local jail was packed, and i saw many vehicals being towed/impounded. Im glad i dont drink and that i drove a mini van down there rather then my truck. I go to stuff like this to watch pulls and races.

Wouldnt suprize me if the Jail was full.........Only holds MAYBE 200 and I guarentee it was close to compacity before this weekend.....

Anyways, I hurd a rumor there were 300 DUI arrests, but who knows how true that was. Guess the big deal was the use of Perrer Spray to get the crowds to leave at Burlington....

Indiana State Police issued 578 traffic citations, made 39 drunk driving arrests, handed down 201 truck violations, made 45 criminal arrests, and issued 211 seatbelt violations.

And 1 citation for possession of Chewing Tobacco to a 17 year old, Which the officer dumped on the ground. Would that not be Littering?

For immediate release: Aug 24, 2011
Posted by: [ISP]
Phone: (765) 653-4114 Ext. 50218
Email: jwatts@isp.in.gov
Public Safety Agencies Collaborate for Vigo County Event
Vigo County---One of the Wabash Valley's premier summer events will occur this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the Vigo County Fairgrounds. The Scheid Diesel Extravaganza is well known among diesel truck enthusiasts and is expected to draw a few thousand spectators and hundreds of diesel pickup trucks. The large influx of fans and vehicles can often result in heavy traffic, alcohol related offenses, aggressive and reckless driving, and physical confrontations.

To prevent any major problems and allow those attending the event to have a great time, spectators and local residents should notice some changes at this year's event. The Indiana State Police Putnamville District will be working in partnership with the Vigo County Sheriff's Office, Terre Haute Police Department, Indiana State Excise Police, Indiana Department of Homeland Security Task Force 7, and Scheid Diesel Company to provide public safety and traffic direction.

The law enforcement agencies will provide traffic direction at key points near the fairgrounds, traffic patrol in and around the city of Terre Haute, and foot patrol within the fairgrounds. Officers will be looking for traffic congestion areas, targeting dangerous and aggressive driving, and attempting to deter any potential criminal activity in and around the fairgrounds.

Those attending are encouraged to be patient, drive safe and sober, and conduct themselves in accordance with local and state laws.

The Indiana State Police Department will have nearly 50 troopers assigned solely to this event. Some of which will be in unmarked and high performance vehicles.

I'm Curious how next year will be. They have already set the date at Wabash Fairgrounds for next year. (Aug 24-26)

Yea, I'd say it"ll be different. Probably alot more strict, then the year after will be about half the crowd, then fade to nothing until the location changes or they just let us do our thing. Look at the town, it's not much..... and our huge crowd brings in hundreds of thousands in revenue in one weekend, and they gotta give us that much hell?

Yea, I'd say it"ll be different. Probably alot more strict, then the year after will be about half the crowd, then fade to nothing until the location changes or they just let us do our thing. Look at the town, it's not much..... and our huge crowd brings in hundreds of thousands in revenue in one weekend, and they gotta give us that much hell?

So smokin' up the streets, driving drunk, and black markin' up parkin' lots....is that "your thing?"

Yes. They do need to give that much hell. And we applaud them for it. :clap:

I dont see how any of this was a problem. The cops let everyone drink and listen to the radios as loud as they wanted without saying a word! What else could you ask for? I mean they could have EASILY handed a booklet of minors in possesion by each cop but they didn't. If you minded your business and didn't put anyone in danger or tear anything up you had no other rules. GREAT EVENT!! Before and after. I don't do much drinking but enjoy see the ones that can control themselves be able to drink and have a good time without being bothered. Great work Scheid!

Yea, I'd say it"ll be different. Probably alot more strict, then the year after will be about half the crowd, then fade to nothing until the location changes
or they just let us do our thing. Look at the town, it's not much..... and our huge crowd brings in hundreds of thousands in revenue in one weekend, and they gotta give us that much hell?

i actually agree with the first portion of that statement. AND THAT IS HOW orginizations fail. No people means no money. No money means no show.
Its just that simple. SO when readers see posts like these and cant for the life of them understand why we get upset when people are drinking and driving, smoking out others, tearing up private property, and fighting and actually give thanks to the police FOR DOING THEIR JOB, NOW THEY MAY UNDERSTAND.

It is getting smaller for other reasons, economy, $$ to have a competitive truck. What happened to the rice racers? Something similar will happen to the diesel. The kids who have the truck cause it is cool will sell, and things will calm down.

Back