Powerslot Rotors and Hawk Pads Installed

DCSpecial

Mr. Sinister
In today's aftermarket full size truck industry we're always looking for ways to make our trucks bigger, badder, and faster than the next guy. One item that seems to be often overlooked is brake upgrades.

With a slew of products to choose from, it's often tough to decide which is the best, most cost effective route to take. After taking a look at all of the rotor and pad upgrades available I decided to get Powerslot Cryo Rotors and Hawk LTS Pads. I contacted Mark Craig at DPPI and got the ball rolling, credit card in hand, to upgrade my braking system. Great guy to deal with with exceptional customer service :thankyou2:

Got the combo installed over the weekend (simple install except for having two of my caliper slide pins frozen up front) and was sure to follow the recommended break-in procedure after the install.

The combo really shines under moderate to hard braking. The Powerslot/Hawk combo is definately helping bring my modded 7.3L PowerStroke riding on 38" tires to s top faster than with the OEM parts that they replaced.

More pics and info to come in article form within the next week :D

Special thanks to Mark Craig at DPPI ( www.dieselperformanceparts.com ) and Edwin at Powerslot ( www.powerslot.com)

Parts ready for install :woohoo:
IMG_1081_Large_.JPG

Install complete :rockwoot:
IMG_1156_Large_.JPG

And a little artsy :shake:
Invisible_Tire_Large_.jpg

Also, special thanks to Denny Hao aka DrSpeed for his photoshop work on the last pic :Cheer:

Nice Job DC!! Can't wait for the detailed install article!!

When I upgraded my brakes I could tell an immediate differance. The break in procedure was really easy and kind of fun too!! Enjoy your new found stopping power!!:D

Ben

DCSpecial,

Hey glad you got them installed, go try a few high speed repeated slow downs, the fade you used to have with the stock set up is gone too!!

Mark @ DPPI

Mark Craig said:
DCSpecial,

Hey glad you got them installed, go try a few high speed repeated slow downs, the fade you used to have with the stock set up is gone too!!

Mark @ DPPI

Mark,
He can't do "high speed" slow downs cuz his truck is not fast!! LOL LOL

Tim,

This combo is really nice. I haven't even really stood on the pedal yet and they stop better than the stockers when I would have the pedal pinned.

Ben,
Oh yeah...I spoke with the neighbor at our shop the following day, asked him if he heard me out on the road that night (kept turning around in his driveway LOL ). Said "oh yeah, once I heard the sound I didn't even bother to look and see what it was...I knew it was your truck"

Pete,
Wait till you see the real write-up. Once I have full use of all my fingers it'll be easier to type....but I doubt I'll wait that long :D
And, I can go plenty fast.....seems with all the new development in this area that my "test roads" have a lot of traffic now :bang

Mark,
Yeah, I haven't really slammed on them yet.....but I did notice under the harder stops that the fade is gone :rockwoot:
Do they have anything for a 2000 F-450??? :evil :D

ptice and part #'s? suggestions on who to order from? what year is your truck again? f250 or f350?

I ordered through Mark Craig at DPPI (supporting vendor of this site), who is a WD for Powerslot.....great pricing and excellent customer service. www.dieselperformanceparts.com has all the pricing and part numbers.

I went with the Powerslot Cryo Rotors and Hawk LTS Pads based on Mark's advice :Cheer:

I have a 2001 F-350....weighs over 8200lbs empty with a full tank of fuel and me in the truck.

txastuff79,

Give us a call and we'll get you a quote delivered to your door!

Mark @ DPPI

Mark,
Interesting.....I can use all the stopping power I can get the way I drive my F-450 and the fast that it is often coming off the scales at 20,000-26,000lbs

good write up there!!

and mark, thanks for the good deal on my rotors too!

DrSpeed,

You got it, that's what we do and thanks for choosing us, we know there are options out there!!

Mark @ DPPI

Dan.

Great write up!

Question: With the Hawk pads you have, how is the brake dust? Also any brake noise from the slotted rotors?

Thank You.

dmax35 said:
Dan.

Great write up!

Question: With the Hawk pads you have, how is the brake dust? Also any brake noise from the slotted rotors?

Thank You.

Thanks for the compliment on the write up.

So far, I haven't driven a ton but I can't notice any brake dust. Of course with my black wheels it's harder to see. But, I cleaned off the one for the pic and it's still pretty clean after driving.

As far as noise, there is none that I can hear.....of course my truck is loud with the 5" straight pipe, open intake and aftermarket fiberglass hood.

Hope this helps.

DCSpecial said:
Thanks for the compliment on the write up.

So far, I haven't driven a ton but I can't notice any brake dust. Of course with my black wheels it's harder to see. But, I cleaned off the one for the pic and it's still pretty clean after driving.

As far as noise, there is none that I can hear.....of course my truck is loud with the 5" straight pipe, open intake and aftermarket fiberglass hood.

Hope this helps.

So basically I can tell my wife I need an aftermarket fiberglass hood to prevent hearing any brake noise....who :ylsuper: hoo

Yep, no hood insulation...vents in the hood...more noise coming from the motor LOL

Back