PPE Hot +2 Xcelerator 4000 RPM?

R.A.T.D.

Goat Smoke
Has anyone tried this programer on 03-05 Doge common rail? We just sent off our paper work to become a certified dealer. Any feed back ot there?:kick:

I have tried it on my 03, I dont have a after market cp3 and injectors so, as soon as put my foot it in my truck went all messed up it wasent good.

Id say stage 2 cp3 and 90hp sticks are a good investment when running that programer.

I'm interested as well, got the TNT on the smarty and have the common problems.

Never heard a thing about it?? Never heard of it running 4000 Rpms either?

Ive ran the PPE on mine since new in 04.5 and really happy with it, ive just added the Dr. Performance pressure box to it and wow....its so touchy I keep thier box off in town driving. I turn it on when I want to play or up on the hyway and set the cruise. I plan to redyno this combo pretty quickly, it did 501 with just the PPE, stock injectors, stock cp3, and turbo. I feel it has lots more in it now but the combo is of course Hot so I would need to upgrade the charger if I planed to play with this tune up much. I just plan to run a smaller tune in the PPE and keep the pressure box on to see where this puts the fuel milage. You dont hear near as much about PPE for the dodges but I can tell you it runs hard on mine, how many other tuners will take a others wise stock 05 truck to 500+hp with a off the shelf tune?
Ryan

The old hot program ran real good ,and made good power this was back in 2004,tried the new hot+2 with lite timing on a 05 it did no good by itself, needs some timing and pressure,and it does not fuel to 4000rpm like stated.And for the crazy retail price there are much better options on the market.

PPE HOT on a 04.5-05 is very impressive. I ran the low timing +2 version and its lots of fuel down low. its made for nitrous obviously. I tried to run it with a timing box and it didn't work so well....too much fuel down low. i didn't have the mods to turn 4k rpms but the program was supposed to under nitrous applications.

even though PPE is generally over-priced, i had very good luck with customer service with them too.

Nobody on here ran 11.41 fuel only with the low timing tune. Havent played with it since he blew turbo the next pass. He seems to like it.

Kevin aka morkable i belive ran the same tune also before he switched to smarty

Kevin aka morkable i belive ran the same tune also before he switched to smarty

He dynoed with the PPE hot+2 once and it never did perform real well. He switched back to his diablo RKL tune it ran better hp numbers. The smarty on his truck made a world of difference in 2008 for him.

Last edited:
Doin a little test and tune

I guess we'll have to put it on a dyno and test em back to back. We did that with a bully dog against a smarty tnt revo. the dog came out on top with 841 HP on a 06 mega cab versus 832 with the smarty. The smarty started falling off at 3000 rpm and as far as bob goes with his private message.... Thanks for the luck:blahblah1:

The PPE was good, but there is much better for the dollar. I only could get 3600 rpm with it,,, with the smarty I get a real 4 thousand.. I am quite sure that the smarty is worth 50 hp all other things being equal... I know that the smarty was worth allmost a half second in the 1/4.

I ran 1013 with a rkl puff tune from diablo,, and I did 991 with the ppe,, everything else was equal

Kevin

I also ran a bdtd on the same dyno, same time.. only got 932 hp. and that was with a special tune from Bully Dog... I have tried most of the good ones out there, and really and truely the smarty honestly out performs them all on a cummins.... my time slips dont lie

Kevin

I guess we'll have to put it on a dyno and test em back to back. We did that with a bully dog against a smarty tnt revo. the dog came out on top with 841 HP on a 06 mega cab versus 832 with the smarty. The smarty started falling off at 3000 rpm and as far as bob goes with his private message.... Thanks for the luck:blahblah1:

Yeah I seen that test over there the BDTD aganist the smarty and this is about all I got out of it!

:bang:bang:blahblah1::blahblah1::hehe:

test and tune

do you have any dyno sheets to see where the power come on and off at? Were looking for one thats going to give power in the upper rpm for sled pullin

I have the dyno sheets somewheres,, but I have moved so it will take me a bit to find them,, I will see what I can find...

I have the dyno sheets somewheres,, but I have moved so it will take me a bit to find them,, I will see what I can find...
Thanks for lookin for it. After some pm's with bob it looks like the 4000 rpm smarty file is going to continue to be a unicorn. some say they've seen it, others say it doesn't exist. go figure. after months of trying to get the file from bob with no luck, it's coming down to whats more available. with one phone call, i'll have the ppe file. I like smarty alright but, i'm not gonna be a beggin puppet for bob. I don't think anyone should have to. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE :badidea: BOB

Thanks for lookin for it. After some pm's with bob it looks like the 4000 rpm smarty file is going to continue to be a unicorn. some say they've seen it, others say it doesn't exist. go figure. after months of trying to get the file from bob with no luck, it's coming down to whats more available. with one phone call, i'll have the ppe file. I like smarty alright but, i'm not gonna be a beggin puppet for bob. I don't think anyone should have to. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE :badidea: BOB

Again, this has been talked about before. Bob doesn't have to give you the program because you ask for it. That is why they released the TNT program. It runs just as hard as the TNT-r. Everyone that thinks they need RPMs, sometimes don't. Before you go bad-mouthing Bob, you better check how people he has helped in a pinch or with a big problem.

Back