Pro Diesel and Top Diesel to debut in 2007!

EMcBride

Hoosier Stormtrooper
In 2008 DHRA DieselPower! Additives Drag Racing point's series will include two new classes: Pro Diesel and Top Diesel.
Pro Diesel will be a class for tube chassis diesel-powered cars or trucks.
Top Diesel will be a class for diesel-powered rails.
Rules are in our 2007 rulebook and can be viewed here: http://www.dhraonline.com/main/forms-pubs/dhra-rulebook-v2.7.4.pdf

At all three DHRA Diesel National events, these two classes will be competing for purse. Will we see the first 200 MPH run this year? You'll have to go to see for yourself!

Pro Diesel/Top Diesel Vegas purse: $2000 winner, $1000 runner up, $500 semi's.

Get `em ready to roll!

RULES NEED TO BE TWEEKED there is not a Pro diesel out their that is legal in the rear end department , I am not sure whats under Keatons , But it would cost upwards of $20,000 a truck to replace the rears ends . There are about 5 trucks I know of that arn't . There is no reason to make them floaters or live axels . need to fix that part .

My rear is a Floater Greg..... its safer. more money initially but safer.

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
so the rest need to toss away a $ 20,000 ti rearend to comply with a rule that dosen't make sence. NHRA dose not require it untill 210 mph

Hey I didn't come up with their rules, I'm just saying I got the Floater.... LOL LOL LOL

RacinDuallie said:
Hey I didn't come up with their rules, I'm just saying I got the Floater.... LOL LOL LOL

You'd think Mr Comp would have read through the rule book before building a truck....:rules:

Pat T. said:
You'd think Mr Comp would have read through the rule book before building a truck....:rules:

YOU KNOW MUCH ABOUT $100,000 + Chassis .

I know my rule book

These trucks I am referring to are built to NHRA specs, and have all been raced. These chassis are good to ET’s of 6.50 and 210 mph. There is no reason to change things now, but that is their place to race.

O well, you might be just making all the 5 trucks out there that are currently going together , or soon to be running unable to cross over to DHRA . I have explained my thoughts, on the rear axles. In NHRA you are not required to run a floater, or live axle until you exceed 210 mph. or 6.50 et. The rear ends in 3 of the 5 trucks are Titanium and cost $20,000 this rule if everyone were to try to abide by it , would scrap that rear end , well , the chances of that happing to go play at the DHRA races are not good

Now Now, we all know that demanding rules changes wont get you near as far as asking politely to have your concerns addressed...... You get more flies with honey than you do with piss LOL

NHRA also made those rule when these trucks had 750 hp gasser engines in em, not 1000+ hp 2500lbs of Diesel tq.(est.) hittin em.....:poke:

I reckon DHRA realizes the effects of our engines have on the driveline.
(did I just say that? LOL Yes as the PDRA is to remain unbiased....LOL )

seriously Greg I think its a safe rule. I didn't even look at their rule book- I don't even think the rules were published yet for this class yet I still went with the Floater for more of a safety factor then throwing dollars at the truck......

Last edited:
Like the Banks truck will ever run a DHRA race anyway.............

I'm glad I have the flexability to jump from one Motorsports affiliation to another and then another, I like that......expansion room to promote.:rockwoot: and remain unbiased.:rockwoot:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Last edited:
COMP461 said:
RULES NEED TO BE TWEEKED there is not a Pro diesel out their that is legal in the rear end department ,

:umno:

I am not sure whats under Keatons ,

Its legal for DHRA. Greg, please get your spell check to recognize his name...its Keating.

There are about 5 trucks I know of that arn't . There is no reason to make them floaters or live axels . need to fix that part .

Do these 5 trucks have air shutoffs cause thats gonna be a DHRA deal breaker. :rules:

Eric: is it 2007 or 2008? The post title and content have different years. Thanks...

Last edited:

Why is that important? I don't care how much money you spend. But if you had planned to race in anything but the NHRA you would have done your homework BEFORE building your truck. Why is it the DHRA's fault your truck isn't up to spec?

Funny you don’t know much about Pro Stock Truck do you. The truck along with all the others were built and raced in NHRA running a best of 7.30’s with a 950+ hp and more torque to the rear tires, hence the axles then a diesel will ever send there. But that’s just math.

A good Pro Stock motor makes 1400 hp without floaters, about 900 ft lbs of torque, and gear ratio to make stupid torque at the axles

These chassis are good to the weight and the power. Example B/Altered weighs 2700 lbs with a 500 incher and has the same 1400 hp and runs 6.99 as of the last div 4 race in Houston. Doesn’t matter to me.

Jeff 750 hp you know better then that, my 305 Chevy with a single 750 holly made more then that. The top Pro Stock Trucks engine programs towards then end were rumored to make over 1000 hp.

Both Charlie and My self have been talking with David and expressed the problems with several rules. I know when the facts and realities of the class are shown then this situation will be resolved. This is not Pro Mod and the power and torque levels are no where close to Pro Mod , so the rules should not be modeled after them

Last edited:
Pat T. said:

Why is that important? I don't care how much money you spend. ................ BEFORE building your truck. Why is it the DHRA's fault your truck isn't up to spec?

1- COMPY doesn't spend ANY of his money!!:doh:

2- COMPY doesn't OWN a truck!!LOL

Personally, I think the classes are premature, and its a waste of money,that could be better spent on the real Diesel motorsport, liked by millions, around the globe, SLED PULLING.

Back