Pro Diesel and Top Diesel to debut in 2007!

No Pro Stock Truck has, and neither doses any Pro Stock car. It’s not necessary
, the same is true for the Predator truck, Darrin Morrison’s truck, Kenny Loflens Truck , Bill Fletcher’s truck,. It’s not something you just change. The rear end for Elmo’s truck I believe is not a floater; I know Charlie helped them on acquiring it.

Dockboy said:
1- COMPY doesn't spend ANY of his money!!:doh:

2- COMPY doesn't OWN a truck!!LOL

And proud of it, I race on other people’s money. Always have, and all ways will.. You say that like it’s a bad thing. You getting a lot of phone asking you to drive? I mean you such a national know figure as your self , everyone should be lining up to spend a million or so on a ride for you, RIGHT. Didn’t think so.

Last edited:
COMP461 said:
RULES NEED TO BE TWEEKED there is not a Pro diesel out their that is legal in the rear end department , I am not sure whats under Keatons , But it would cost upwards of $20,000 a truck to replace the rears ends . There are about 5 trucks I know of that arn't . There is no reason to make them floaters or live axels . need to fix that part .

Comp - now you got me confused. We are building a truck based on NHRA rules. Can you elaborate cause I'm really confused.

DJ

These are the new DHRA rules; it looks like they just copied the Pro Mod Rules.
NHRA rules state you must have floater axles or live axle if you run over 210mph, or faster then 6.50 ET. Neither is even a remote possibility.

I have worked with both, types of rear assemblies. And to convert, you might as well scrap the rear end, if its titanium, Most of the former Pro Stock trucks out there has titanium rear housing, along with titanium axles, and spool. This amounts to a $20,000 price tag that would need to be tossed in the scrap pile. This is really a moot issue for all but 4 or 5 of us, I’m confident this issue will be fixed in the rules. I’m sure that DHRA doesn’t want to miss seeing the other trucks due to a mess up in the rules

COMP461 said:
These are the new DHRA rules; it looks like they just copied the Pro Mod Rules.
NHRA rules state you must have floater axles or live axle if you run over 210mph, or faster then 6.50 ET. Neither is even a remote possibility.

I have worked with both, types of rear assemblies. And to convert, you might as well scrap the rear end, if its titanium, Most of the former Pro Stock trucks out there has titanium rear housing, along with titanium axles, and spool. This amounts to a $20,000 price tag that would need to be tossed in the scrap pile. This is really a moot issue for all but 4 or 5 of us, I’m confident this issue will be fixed in the rules. I’m sure that DHRA doesn’t want to miss seeing the other trucks due to a mess up in the rules

Thank you Comp. We'll be contacting DHRA.

DJ:evil

This my friends is what drives me absolutely crazy about these boards.

Greg makes a post that DHRA must tweak rules, then calls me to tell me I need to change them. Now we have 2 pages of banter. :doh:

This is all I have to say on this topic at this time.

DHRA has specific reason's for making rules. DHRA doesn't follow NHRA rules but does consider them in the rule making process. We are racing different vehicles, and not everything that happens in a high rpm gas powered drag car is the same to a diesel powered one.

Having said that, DHRA has some specifics on what the axle requirements will include. If the above mentioned axles can meet those requirements, we will look at re-wording. Dieter is looking at it now. Stay Tuned.

DavidTD said:
We are racing different vehicles, and not everything that happens in a high rpm gas powered drag car is the same to a diesel powered one.
Are y-all willing to wait until-God forbid- something drastic happens?

Again I agree with the above, a high rpm gasser and a low rpm diesel hit and shock the parts differently, what works in a gasser application doesnt mean it will work in the long term -race- diesel application....

Not looking for a confrontation from Greg disputing this statement, I'm thinking for the safety of our fellow Pro class racers.... that's all...
my$.02

:Cheer:

I'll consult with the NHRA and PDRA and find out if this has been approved

DavidTD said:
This is all I have to say on this topic at this time.

DHRA has specific reason's for making rules. DHRA doesn't follow NHRA rules but does consider them in the rule making process. We are racing different vehicles, and not everything that happens in a high rpm gas powered drag car is the same to a diesel powered one.

Having said that, DHRA has some specifics on what the axle requirements will include. If the above mentioned axles can meet those requirements, we will look at re-wording. Dieter is looking at it now. Stay Tuned.

Still tuned in..... any fact findings or news to report?:what:

RacinDuallie said:
Still tuned in..... any fact findings or news to report?:what:

As a matter of fact, yes we do.

In addition to full floaters, we also allow other rears as long as they are aftermarket units, 40 spline axles, and have axle retention devices.

I appreciate everyone addressing this issue appropriately. I think the proper ruling will be made so DHRA can provide a safe environment for our racers and fans.

If I could figure out how to get a picture from a folder I`d do it. I think I have a top diesel car. It only has 9 shakedowns on it, we`ll get it there

Last edited:
THANK YOU DAVID, this is the way it should work, now we are legal as far as the rear end

Congrats John! Completing shake down passes is more than most people have done. Doesn't that make you the third running diesel rail in the world?

brnadon.

John Robinson said:
If I could figure out how to get a picture from a folder I`d do it. I think I have a top diesel car. It only has 9 shakedowns on it, we`ll get it there

The rail looks GREAT John! Congrats to you and the Texas Diesel Power Team.:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

That's another Cummins Powered Rail up and running!:rockwoot:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

We had alot of fun in Houston with her. She`s not fast yet. It will be or I`ll go broke trying!!:Cheer:

looks Nice John , I've been by to see the car , John is just 5 miles up the road from me , he is doing a first class job . I saw another diesel dragster on Charlie Stewart's jig. This car has a Powerstroke and is fitted for a up and comming young female driver

John Robinson said:

Beautiful job!!! Can't wait to see you in Vegas.

Back