Pro Street 1st Gen Build Thread

Just read through all of this and I got to say that is one sweet 1st gen. Really don't see many 1st gens at all around here, especially not in good condition. And definitely not anything like yours haha. Keep up the good work man can't wait to see it all done and rollin down the track. Maybe if I can get ppump swap started and finished I can come out and watch yours run some time. I would love to see it

You are missing something. It will allow as much vertical travel as any other point. I would have to guess his shocks are the limiting factor, looking at the pictures.

Yes, I have like 4" of travel on my shocks but I'll have to measure it again to be sure

You might find the heim on the axle end of the wishbone wears out rather quickly. They just can't take a lot of force laterally like that. If it does wear out, you can solve it by turning the mounting ears 90 degrees.

You might find the heim on the axle end of the wishbone wears out rather quickly. They just can't take a lot of force laterally like that. If it does wear out, you can solve it by turning the mounting ears 90 degrees.

That would greatly limit upward and downward travle

Space the brackets farther apart and use mis-alignment bushings so it won't bind. That rod end will wear quickly the way it's mounted. Everything else looks great btw. Can't wait to see how it all works once it's on the track.

Space the brackets farther apart and use mis-alignment bushings so it won't bind. That rod end will wear quickly the way it's mounted. Everything else looks great btw. Can't wait to see how it all works once it's on the track.

Thanks, all the pro mod cars do the heim the way we have it so I'll try it this way and address it when a problem occurs.

If you're worried about the the heim being sideways and not having enough travel you are going to have steering alignment (bump steer) problems long before the heim becomes a problem. Even the way it is with the push/pull setup you will have a little bump steer but I would limit travel on the front axle to keep it at a minimum.

If you're worried about the the heim being sideways and not having enough travel you are going to have steering alignment (bump steer) problems long before the heim becomes a problem. Even the way it is with the push/pull setup you will have a little bump steer but I would limit travel on the front axle to keep it at a minimum.

I wouldn't listen to this guy. I heard his truck is slower than an OBS on 36's with injectors and a tune! :lolly:

I will just have to wait and see how it reacts at the track and go from there.

The front is going to flex like a *****. I had a panhand bar and wishbone the front on mine and it flexed the frame and brackets a lot. Thats with everything installed.

The front is going to flex like a *****. I had a panhand bar and wishbone the front on mine and it flexed the frame and brackets a lot. Thats with everything installed.

It flexed your fame? Under driving conditions?

The reason it flexed the frame is because a panhard bar and wishbone will work against each other. A panhard will make the axle travel in an arc and a wishbone will keep it centered.

The reason it flexed the frame is because a panhard bar and wishbone will work against each other. A panhard will make the axle travel in an arc and a wishbone will keep it centered.

i didn't use them at the same time.... :nail: :doh:

Cool stuff. I've been following this on ig for a while now. Having the additional detail here is much nicer

Back