Project DeRanged truck progress

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
This will be a thread for pics and update on the ranger build.

Today I picked up a Short block, with a bunch of extra's.

The motor will get torn down starting tomorrow, and magnafluxed for any problems. Then its time to start looking at parts to go back in.

:rockwoot:

Attachments

• Ranger motor.jpg
    Ranger motor.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 965
With the Help from the Dr. Performance guys, as of today, I have a Charlie Stewart 9 inch on the way. Thanks A bunch ya'll. You gotta love them Texas boys.

Also bought a trailer for the Truck to live on, and it will definitely be in the florida panhandle this weekend for the races. If you are out there, stop by and check it out. Then let me know how it looks, as I haven't even seen it yet. LOL

No problem. Glad to do it COMP D. Everytime I see it blowin smoke Ill look at Rob and wonder which one was mine. haha. Ryan

Truck is on the trailer and the trailer is hooked to the dually. Will be on my way in a minute.

Truck_and_trailer2.jpg

ranger_on_traile2.jpg

Man are we gonna change that thing around.
I just wanna get it running and rail the chit out of it one last time before it gets a new suspension.

UH OH...brain fart....lets leave it bagged...and have the fastest spark throwing drag truck around.

Dalpilot said:
This will be a thread for pics and update on the ranger build.

Today I picked up a Short block, with a bunch of extra's.

The motor will get torn down starting tomorrow, and magnafluxed for any problems. Then its time to start looking at parts to go back in.

:rockwoot:

Looks like a good anchor for your boat, Tim....:D

With that diesel in there yall might be the first truck ever to throw sparks from the front and back. LOL

Im in Tallahassee. I left my house at about 9:30pm FL time. Stopped to visit the girlfriend. Got back on the road at 2am and drove a little over 400miles so far. I pulled over cause blinking started turning into closing my eyes. Towing the ranger on the race file, peak EGTs of 1000 degrees cruising EGTs between 700 and 800. Got the cruise control set on 70mph trip computer says 13.1 mpg.

All that truck is missing at the moment is to be parked in front of a pool hall with a IB6UB9 chrome front license plate....and the year to be 1989 of course.:hehe: :hehe:

Dang, I love seeing the progress and to see everyone working together. This is going to be a great project, just because it's being built by the people, for the people and with the drunk people watching and pointing out the flaws ;)

Pangela said:
Dang, I love seeing the progress and to see everyone working together. This is going to be a great project, just because it's being built by the people, for the people and with the drunk people watching and pointing out the flaws ;)

You forgot pointing and laughing when they fall down and injure themselves from over consuming, or puking. This picture comes to mind:

TS_and_MEM_day_07_012.jpg

TooMuchBoost said:
All that truck is missing at the moment is to be parked in front of a pool hall with a IB6UB9 chrome front license plate....and the year to be 1989 of course.:hehe: :hehe:

Ha. Sir that truck is tuckin 20s not 15s so 1989 could not even be close.

TooMuchBoost said:

**makes note of next personalized license plate**

Back