Project: T-15/51

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
Some of you might knew, few years ago I start collecting parts for my Hot Rod tuck and I think its time to make the truck build thread.

After 2009 my first win and carnage with my project T-25 (my Ram 2500) I decide its better to start from zero than remodify my running Ram 2500 to something I like. The project T-25 will be towtruck for hotrod project.

Some q/a about frame are in this topic: http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98036

The truck will have approx 500-600hp 12V Cummins and manual 47RE and it will be only 2wd, street race and Sunday fun toy

This is how the truck looks like now:
attachment.php

Its old russinan truck cab sitting on 98 1500 frame, but in near future it will sit on Gen 3 quad Hemi frame.

Here are the current specs:

Engine
98 12V Cummins, IHI block and head, cut off intake with tubular manifold, better than stock cam (still open whos), mechanical transfer pump, 180hp HP pump, 5x18 injectors, M122 supercharger, HE551VGT turbo

Tranny
98 12V 47RE- 2wd, with manual valvebody (suncoast),
converter stall and manufacturer still open

Extra overdrive unit
- GearVendor (I still looking dood deal, if you have let me knew)

Frame
2005 quad cab short bed 1500 Hemi

Front suspension
Gen3 2500 front suspension from 2wd truck. 13inch 2pc brake rotors with custom adapters and SRT-10 brake calipers
Adjustable coilovers

Rear axle
DANA70 with 4.1 ratio converted to disc brakes (from 01 Dana80 dually).
4-link and coilovers

Cab
The cab will be streched approx 6 inch and roof will be 2 inch lower, the tilt-away original windshield mechanism will be reused.
The front grill,fenders and bumper will be my design

Bed
No bed, open frame rails

Seats
Black leater racing seats, 5 pointseatbelts

Wheels tires
I think best will be 20 inch steel wheels , but for beginning I will use 20 aluminum for show and for racing 16 or 18 inch steel wheels (something like Nascar syle)

This will be very looooong project and I have high hopes (I have dream about hotrod build too long time)

The original russian truck look like this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 51orig.jpg
    51orig.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0
The end result should be between those two trucks:
attachment.php

attachment.php

I knew, I knew its hard to imagine ...

Attachments

• sisutruck.jpg
    sisutruck.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 0
  • hotrodtruck.jpg
    hotrodtruck.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 0
This is going to turn out very nice. Yes it is hard to imagine a cross between the two. I am going to follow it for sure.

Front brakes
I mistype to my original post, the SRT-10 front brake disc will be 2pcs 15 inch not 13 inch like I type earlier

Gauges
Autometer Hotrod series black

Shifter
TCI outlaw

Steering column
2Gen Ram

The Autometer gauges are from my previous Astro V8 project

attachment.php

There will be no electronics or ECU :
shut off solenoid - cable activated
overdrive and TC lock will be activated with switches and relays

Also no pickup sensor for engine rpm (front engine dampner from marine engine ,visco no pickup signal slots) , the rpm signal for tach will be from alternator W-connector.

Attachments

• autometer.pg.JPG
    autometer.pg.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 0
Some might ask why I use so strange components?

Base idea is to use as much components I allready have and only buy more components/items what makes the full truck even better.

The build will be separated to two part:

1. running truck with minor mods, engine almost stock - just to register it as custom made and road leagal truck

2. road legal truck to fun toy (still registered to public traffic)

I allready start the paper work to get the approval from local traffic police to build custom truck, if they do not accept my ideas then I will jump directly to step 2 and will build it as trailer queen.

More pictures:

attachment.php

Those seats are from unkonown car/manufacturer, but they are comfortabele and leather

Attachments

• seat1.JPG
    seat1.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 0
Door handles - chromed from PT Cruiser

Headlights - chromed and similar used in Peterbuilt

Paint/colour - 2 tone , balck and silver

update:
Today I received positive feedback from our local Police transport department. :rockwoot:

Now I have to choose technical expert to check and approve my project technical specs (he must be sure my truck will be safe for public roads- at first theoretically) , if he accept - it will be frist step on my build .

Update:

Thanks to positive feedback from my AAM 11.5 thead, the planned Dana70 wit4.1 and GV will be replaced with :

DANA80 with 3.54 from CabChassy Ram 3500 (width 68 inch), the drum brakes will be converted to disc brakes (from 01 Dana80 dually).
The open carrier will be replace with Detroit Truetrack

Update:

Thanks to positive feedback from my AAM 11.5 thead, the planned Dana70 wit4.1 and GV will be replaced with :

DANA80 with 3.54 from CabChassy Ram 3500 (width 68 inch), the drum brakes will be converted to disc brakes (from 01 Dana80 dually).
The open carrier will be replace with Detroit Truetrack

Good choice

I am facing the problem on my designe department...

My fiist idea was to use 35 inch tires, but this size is only availabe as off road tire , not as good sticky street tire, the options start from 32 inch and best options are 30 inch diameter

Why 35 inch ? The truck original fender wheel whells are 39 incher and 35 will follow the same line , visually the 32 or smaller looks strange

I can mount the front fender in any location, but I cant change the shape or counture.

Here is the picture

attachment.php

I need to be more creative ..:bang

Attachments

• 51küljelt rehvid.JPG
    51küljelt rehvid.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 0
Today is swap the old truck cab remains to my dump truck frame ... :rockwoot:

The real old school dump truck

I will post the picture tomorrow.

I am facing the problem on my designe department...

My fiist idea was to use 35 inch tires, but this size is only availabe as off road tire , not as good sticky street tire, the options start from 32 inch and best options are 30 inch diameter

Why 35 inch ? The truck original fender wheel whells are 39 incher and 35 will follow the same line , visually the 32 or smaller looks strange

I can mount the front fender in any location, but I cant change the shape or counture.

Here is the picture

attachment.php

I need to be more creative ..:bang
I know if you had plans of 22" the closest you could find would be a 305/45-22 and it's like almost 33" tall.

Back