Project: T-15/51

Few words about fenders.

I think they are too big for 30-32 inch diameter tires, in my mind the fender edge should be few inch bigger than tire and it must follow the tire shape.

Currently the fender edge is more like ellipse style, not round as it should be.

Now the truck is in correct riding hight . I removed front springs and cut off the rear leaf spring hanger, now it sits on bumpstops.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
And front view

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 0
I found super nice gauge set

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 0
Few words about suspension.

I do not want to use leaf springs,they are too big for rear fenders and I do not want to use regular 3-link or 4-link suspension, I want something different with coilovers or with airbags

The solution : air suspension, the heavy truck style

Something like this:
attachment.php

I can use original leaf spring hangers as new control arm connection point.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
To eliminate the rear axle side movement I do not want to use the regular panhard bar (trackbar), but more modern Watts link

Something like this
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 0
Maybe those wheels will look good, 20x9 with Nitto 420 305/50-20

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
The airbag idea maybe is not the best, because with airbags too many extra components will be needed, like compressor, air tank, pressure gauges....

.. and complicated system and hot rod do not belong together, everything, must be simple, so back to the beginning- Qa1 coilovers :evil with airbag type linkage

Also 1966-1967 Shelby Mustang bullet mirror will look nice, $300 for pair

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
Looked at a reversed cantilever suspension for the rear? It would put you inside the frame away from the fenders. The only side affect is a poor braking dynamic.

Monkey Fist Rage

After many hours of thinking about what wheels might be best looking I decided to check the wheel/tire setup I brought last year.

Actually I like how they look, at least they inspired me not to waste more money to next set of wheels

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 0
And one bit closer

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
Test fit how will the door handle look in real life.

attachment.php

Should be better than original

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
Every hot rod needs hood ornament...

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
My 10 inch bullet headlights were nice, but it do not give racing look I am after.

So after many hours of searching I think I found the best look bullet headlights together with tail lights

They are from 1935 Caddy :rockwoot:, not many made and not so many headlights available

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 0
Here is comparison, from left to right: taillight, 10 inch headlight and 16 inch headlight

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 0
For rear I am thinking 2 lamp setup

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
So today was the day for disassembling my friends truck, I took the cab and all others will be scrapped.

This is the tuck what was actually used in racing purpose from '70 to mid 80, it belong to Aeroflot , yes the same Russian Aero company.
The tuck start it's life as military tuck in 1955 and in somewhere '70 they convert it to racetruck, no information where and what purpose the truck was used, but we suspect it was used in Tallinn airport . During the Soviet period the all airports belong to Aeroflot.

My friend father worked in airport and he got the non running truck as parts donor for tractor project at the end of '80.

My memories start when I was approx 15 and we used the truck as tractor collecting heil at the summer.

I am very happy that i got piece of racing history and childhood to my project.

:woohoo:

The last race number 32 is also visible at drivers door , the white paint is painted in beginning of '90 and now it' peeling off...., the green military color is the original

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 0
Back