Project X Diesel VW Hot Rod Drag Week

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I am going to field an additional Hot Rod Magazine Drag week project this year . Since we will be running Project Z28 Diesel in Modified Street Power adder , and the NX Mustang in Street Race Power adder Small block . I with the Help of Jess Hewitt of SynDiesel field Project X Diesel VW a diesel powered Beetle in the diesel class , to give us a chance at three Hot Rod Class Winner Jackets

I will take this project down the same path that I did with my original Project X Diesel , Drag racing , on local, and National event levels, Land speed racing at the Texas Mile , Maxton, Bonneville, Pikes Peak hill climb , and the Silver State Dash .
This project will start off mild because of the short time frame ,with bolt ons and a few of my signature modifications like a ZZ custom Fab manifold, MaxSpool Camshaft , NX Progressive Nitrous , and then progressive on to more and more modifications .

I am working with quite a few people on this project , Mark at Dieselinsider, with His FlashZilla programmer tool , and custom tuning.

Indrustrial Injection, as with all of my projects , will do the spiff up on the injectors , pump, and turbo.
ARP studs are a must in any diesel. And ZZ custom Fabracation will build some really cool intakes and ported cylinder heads .

I am grinding the cam for this little car , its not my first VW TDI cam, and I will diffidently use Nitrous Express Progressive nitrous
We are hoping to get the little bug in the 12’s .

The driver is all ready decided , she is going to knock em dead at Drag week

Will this project actually get off the ground. That is the winning question! :)

It's my 3rd party observer opinion that you have to many irons in the fire Greggy.

What ever happened to that dragster and the quest for the "get it done and run a 17"?

What are you going to run for a transmission? I haven't heard of anyone succeeding in running significant power through the factory auto trans. What series of TDI is it, ALH?

Getting traction should be interesting, but maybe some creative & gradual nitrous application could overcome that.

I've had a bunch of people try to talk me into running a mini set of twins in my TDI, but so far I'm happy with my KermaTDI tunes, aFe intake and Der Chimera Stage II clutch (and of course ISSPRO gauges).

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I am going to field an additional Hot Rod Magazine Drag week project this year . Since we will be running Project Z28 Diesel in Modified Street Power adder , and the NX Mustang in Street Race Power adder Small block . I with the Help of Jess Hewitt of SynDiesel field Project X Diesel VW a diesel powered Beetle in the diesel class , to give us a chance at three Hot Rod Class Winner Jackets

I will take this project down the same path that I did with my original Project X Diesel , Drag racing , on local, and National event levels, Land speed racing at the Texas Mile , Maxton, Bonneville, Pikes Peak hill climb , and the Silver State Dash .
This project will start off mild because of the short time frame ,with bolt ons and a few of my signature modifications like a ZZ custom Fab manifold, MaxSpool Camshaft , NX Progressive Nitrous , and then progressive on to more and more modifications .

I am working with quite a few people on this project , Mark at Diesel Inside, with His FlashZilla programmer tool , and custom tuning.

Indrustrial Injection, as with all of my projects , will do the spiff up on the injectors , pump, and turbo.
ARP studs are a must in any diesel. And ZZ custom Fabracation will build some really cool intakes and ported cylinder heads .

I am grinding the cam for this little car , its not my first VW TDI cam, and I will diffidently use Nitrous Express Progressive nitrous
We are hoping to get the little bug in the 12’s .

The driver is all ready decided , she is going to knock em dead at Drag week

Fixed for accuracy.

I wish you the best in your VW project..... sounds like fun & keep us posted.

But keep in mind that making the power will be the easy part...... But like Michael said, getting the power to the ground in a reliable manner will be the challenge.

well I will have the little bug in my shop in the morning , cant wait to tear in to it ,

Its finally here , its going to Dr Performances’ dyno this morning to find out how anemic it is in stock form . I now have two projects at my house , my dragster , and the Bug , its going to be some late nights in the next 5 weeks before Drag week we achieved 46 mpg on the trip up here from Houston , this is amazing , I think the SynDiesel had a little to do with the Fuel Economy

DSCN1257.jpg

Thats a nice project for you Greg......If you cant run with the big boys then get a minibike. :hehe:

John, I've heard the term pissin in someone's cherrio's but hell's fire man you just climbed up on Comps table, dropped your drawers and presented a big steamy boat anchor......:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Greg good luck with the new project it looks, ummmmm

cute?:hehe::hehe:

Very nice project! I like the TDI cars. I've had a couple myself, which caught on with the rest of my family. Plenty of TDI's around my house....02 Jetta, 05 Passat, 06 Jetta, and 09 Jetta.

My guess is 76-78rwhp bone stock. Around 200rwhp with all your mods, fuel only, and hitting near 300rwhp on the spray. That will get you in the 12's with no problem!

Keep us informed on how it goes and the parts list.

BTW, you need to throw some kind of wrap on that pale yellow paint! A daffodil yellow bug just doesn't look right busting out 12's! :nos:

There's a local guy around here who has a New Beetle that dynos around 300 hp (I think fuel only), but he can't get much better than 14's due to traction.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back