Purple People Eater Sh*t itself today

We've loaded a 350 bushel gravity wagon and pull the crap outta it after I build a motor, I know I know hillbilly but its a good work out. Gotta love back roads. Lol

Well we never heap it full but id say 16000, I think don't quote me on that tho....

I should have said about 350 bushels in a 500+ bushel wagon, it has brakes for the stopping part otherwise it'd be scary as he11.

Believe me first gens don't have enough weight and brake to stop a wagon without. Found that out after I built my 90, had to put new brakes on. Stupid me

It's a used stock cam, with new tappets. I'll be adding a crap load of zinc. Should I just hitch the trailer and drive home? Be about 13k gross for 65 miles in mild hill country.

Should I keep boost under a certain pressure? Or Egt?

How many miles should I put on the break in oil?
Towing would be best way.. Long constantly heat cycle.. How I broke my hotshot engine in on my red truck.... Did about ~100 mile make sure everything was good leaks etc then hook to my trailer and took off on a 1000 mile run.. Definitely keep a closer eye on oil level.. Fresh engine will burn a lot.. Once rings are set oil consumption will drop back to ~1qt every oil change verse 500-1000 miles

Hopefully it won't consume any once broke in. Never used a drop in its life until the last 1000 miles.

The thing about doing a break in is to do it the way you will be driving it.

I was told, break in cam.
get it warm, drive it a bit easy.
retorque head gasket. reset valve lash.

Do a max rpm burnout.

Bu that's for me since I don't tow..

I would do the top half for sure mike,
Then hook your trailer to it and pull it home at a decent clip. get it warm.

I rebuilt my motor it never used oil after my towing, but I did get it warm reset lash and beat it lol.

I was told, break in cam.
get it warm, drive it a bit easy.
retorque head gasket. reset valve lash.

Do a max rpm burnout.

Bu that's for me since I don't tow..

I would do the top half for sure mike,
Then hook your trailer to it and pull it home at a decent clip. get it warm.
That's the plan lol. Trans is still iffy

So how much timing can I run before I spray out of the bowl or get smokey with these wide bowls and 155* injectors? Still 18ish?

Gonna run the head.

Measured piston protrusion.

#1 is .023
#2 is .024
#3 is .026
#4 is .026
#5 is .024
#6 is .020

Is that ok on a storm block with non-ic pistons, stock gasket? 2000 manual says .024-.028.

Also what will my actual compression be now? Im thinking 17.3:1 with the deck blocked .005?

Any math guys able to help me out with that?

Dipstick tube stem is all that's holding up progress now

3f68bb3efaf01ddd86d98acb6e2a2ecf.jpg

80aca453b4735798ea12932569409275.jpg

Hurry up and get done. I need you to put a new motor in my dump truck for beer.

:hehe;

Back