Question about October Houston pulls

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Are these gonna be a run-what-you-brung outlaw style pull like last year or are they gonna be subject to regular sled pull rules? Personally I LOVED the outlaw style. Plus that gives a lot of people who've never pulled (like I hadn't) to try it out and get "hooked". :D

If your talking about the DHRA Nationals I would asume they would be using DHRA 2007 Sled Pulling rules. That's not say they couldn't toss an exhibition all out class in there, but I think that would fly in the face of the saftey equipment regulations that they have been paramount in establishing and instituting through out the conuntry.

BBD

Scott,
last year they had a "run for fun" pull on saturday with no tech, and sunday was supposed to be the actual DHRA classes. I think Imelmo wants to know if it will be the same as last year.

-Tom

Tcolesanti said:
Scott,
last year they had a "run for fun" pull on saturday with no tech, and sunday was supposed to be the actual DHRA classes. I think Imelmo wants to know if it will be the same as last year.

-Tom

Thanks Tom, you going again this year?

BBD

Sledpuller said:
Download the rules, and get your trucks equipped properly with safety equipment.

You can call Eric.

He will refer you to the statement above.

I thought it was a pretty simple statement?

Calling Eric about sledpulling.....:bang *bdh* :redx:

Sledpuller said:
You can call Eric.

He will refer you to the statement above.

I thought it was a pretty simple statement?

Calling Eric about sledpulling.....:bang *bdh* :redx:
There asking a simple question on format Gene.It looks like to me you would be a little more courteous to the people that ACTUALLY want to show up at one of your events.

Gene, can I get a simple YES, or NO answer to this question please?
"last year they had a "run for fun" pull on saturday with no tech, and sunday was supposed to be the actual DHRA classes."

I don't think your average off-the-street truck guy from Texas is going to set up driveshaft loops etc just to pull one time.

Is it going to be run what you brung on Saturday like it was last year or are we just pulling Dhra classes 2 days in a row?

I will be there but it would be nice to know what the game plan is!

Last year was their warning. Points, money or fun, makes no difference, get safety equipment.

Hes not asking about format, hes asking whether his customers in Texas can get away with no safety equipment because they live in Texas.

Where you live makes lack of safety equipment ok, for some reason?

Anyway, if you want to pull this year, it will be in the normal classes, 1st, if time allows, participants from those classes can come back for extra hooks, at an additional fee.

Oh, and Texans, get some hitches built, DHRA does not supply hitches.

So will there be Sled pulls on both days Gene?

And no, I'm not asking about whether my customers can pull. I am asking about rules in general because I know there were more than a few trucks running drugs last year.
I run water injection with my local association, so I am trying to get a feel on what will be allowed in Houston.

Last year was a warning?? Hmmm..I don't recall hearing anything about that last year...or this year for that matter!! I think safety equipment should be mandatory for all pulls, assuming the competitors know about it beforehand.

That being said, I guess we are coming down for a pull with all the DHRA enforced rules (which is cool if that's how you want to run it!!). So is it going to be a points pull too? Are they going to be required to be members to pull?

Seems to me that if you are going to go, go all out.

No, it won't be a points pull.

All pullers will be required to be members.

If you have ever went through tech at a DHRA pull, you were told what you were missing/needed for next time.

Safety equipment is more strict in the hotter classes, once again, Houston pullers, download the rules, and make your truck compliant with the class you want to pull in.

We all did it up here, before DHRA sled pulling was even in existence, not sure what the issue is.

Sledpuller said:
No, it won't be a points pull.

All pullers will be required to be members.

If you have ever went through tech at a DHRA pull, you were told what you were missing/needed for next time.

Safety equipment is more strict in the hotter classes, once again, Houston pullers, download the rules, and make your truck compliant with the class you want to pull in.

We all did it up here, before DHRA sled pulling was even in existence, not sure what the issue is.

No points...check!!
Membership required...check!
They didn't get teched last year for the pull...so they wouldn't have any idea what they needed because nobody told them.
Houston area pullers: apparently this is your only warning - you have 2 months to bring your truck up to snuff if you want to pull in October. Too bad most of the good ole boys that pulled probably aren't members of this forum.
Maybe we should post a link to this thread as a bulletin on Myspace. I know I have a bunch of those guys on my friends list. I'm would bet that Elmo does too. Might be nice to reach a few more of these guys so we can get the word out.

$.02

Gene, do you think you could post the rules etc for the Houston pulls on the DHRA site?
I'm sure not everyone that plans on coming is a member of this site, so I'm sure it would be helpful. Thanks!

Back