Question about October Houston pulls

imelmo said:
I'm pretty sure I'd be in the Hot, Street Diesel class after reading the rules. But is there a tire SIZE rule in that class? I would've bet money I had seen something before about no larger than a 35" or 36" tire, but all I see in the rules under tire for that class is that they must be a DOT tire and can't be cut. Only the Mod class mentions anything about tire size. Just wanna make sure.

Also, when y'all state all components of the nitrous system must be removed, is removing just the bottle and solenoids ok, or do I have to pull the lines and everything?
I think that with the way Gene has been reacting to you Danny, that if it's not a rule yet it will be that the lines have to come off, just to keep drag racers out of his sport.

DirtyBlonde said:
As for Gene's sometimes harsh exterior, yet lovable flagging gestures and pre-pull banter: for a sport full of tough guys, y'all sure do get butt hurt pretty easy. Put yourself in the shoes of the poor man who has to organize all of us.

Well I guess not everybody actually KNOWS him, so all i can go on is how he responds to my questions. I'm not "butt hurt", but if someone seems to be talking down to me you can bet your ass I'm gonna talk back. I don't give a crap how tough someones job is; it's no excuse to talk down to people looking for info.

And for all I know, some of you could be right. He might be a nice guy in person, guess I won't know 'til Houston. For now, this is all I have to go on. For that matter, the guy that tunes my truck has something of a bad "internet personality" too sometimes.

imelmo said:
Well I guess not everybody actually KNOWS him, so all i can go on is how he responds to my questions. I'm not "butt hurt", but if someone seems to be talking down to me you can bet your ass I'm gonna talk back. I don't give a crap how tough someones job is; it's no excuse to talk down to people looking for info.

And for all I know, some of you could be right. He might be a nice guy in person, guess I won't know 'til Houston. For now, this is all I have to go on. For that matter, the guy that tunes my truck has something of a bad "internet personality" too sometimes.
Man that hurt, go ahead :kick: me again.

All kidding aside I think when Gene shows up you should teach him a lesson in Internet respect by putting a knot on his head LOL

"Ill kick your teeth so far down yer throut you can just flench and bite them turds off", Roy D. Mercer. :hehe: Catch Roy D. at noon and 5 pm mon thru fri at www.KMOD.com Click on "listen live" in the upper right hand corner.

crewgirl said:
My all time favorite is the navy recruiter prank call, with a close second to the satellite company.

"..dropped a dumbell on him...and it sqarshed him".... :hehe:

I'll have about six of his CDs in my truck in Houston....you can come listen to them or burn copies if you have a laptop that will do it.

Sigh. My job is not hard, I enjoy it almost as much as I did sled pulling, and whipping ugle Fords.

We have never had a tire size rule, ilmo.

Convincing the tech guy day of sledpull, that your nitrous system is not functional, is between you and the tech guy.

I met you last year, I must have made a good impression, you forgot about me.

Love the threats, from the drag racers!!!!

"If we dont like the official, or he offends us in anyway,we are going to beat him up."

Is that from the NHRA rulebook, or your buddy COMP461s orders?
Talk Greg into coming, he owes me about 8 beers.

Back