questions on changing rear end

No girdle tyler, im putting studs in it and getting a different cover like robs got with the snubber bolts. I think lpw makes it.

Have had good luck with my LPW cover. I broke a cap on mine a couple years ago. I just found one out of another rear end

I found a set out of another rear end. Gonna get'er fixed for the weekend hopefully, josh can you tell that that cover is helping?

Also on each side of the carrier theres them big spacer/shim washers, my left one is shot. Are they a certain thickness?

If you guys are having ok luck using "mismatched" caps, ill start scarfing them out of housings that are otherwise junk when the opportunity arises.

Those spacers are typically a specific thickness, If i dont have em on the shelf, Dana shows some in there warehouse in Tennessee depending on what thickness you need.

Well i found a case saver ring here locally. Its .010" thinner than te original but i can make that up with shims.

What brand of gears are they? .008-.012 is probably more what you want to see. BUT, the final say if you want to set them up to "spec" rests with the gear manufacturer recommendation. I have set up plenty of rear ends, but i have honestly never set up a rear in a big horse diesel pull truck.

If the truck is streetable i would definitely try and break the fresh gear set in some before you go flog it on the track.

Back