Quickest 1st gen?

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
SO who has the quickest 1/4 mile time for a first gen? And whoever you are, I'm comin' for ya LOL

I know a certain yellow 1st gen that's got a work bed on it... Don't know any times, but I believe horsepower to be in the 600's.

THE TANK said:
what are you the E.P.A?

:hehe: :st:

Who's that guy with the 'Lil Red Express truck? He's in the 12's I think. Not a rotary pump so you guys can argue over whether that counts or not.

oops yeah I meant to include VE pump....I knew of one high 12 second ride, that the fastest out there?

That yellow truck Brock is is talking about has a ve pump on it I do beleive. It is one bad Mo fo.

Yep, that's KTA, I think he's been high 13's, Me and I guy that goes by GLHS both have ran 13.34, that's the quikest ve pump times I have heard of.

brockw08 said:
He's running a 5 speed. I think an auto would shave off some serious time.

We'll soon see, I have some $$$ I am about to throw at a 1st gen!

Goal is high 12s for $3K in mods including the trans, and yes I am cheating *nx*

It takes about a 10:1 power to weight ratio (at the wheels) to run in the 11s, so with only 5000# worth of weight, I'd only need about 350rwhp on fuel plus another 150rwhp worth of spray, and there ya go--500rwhp...11s....seems too easy, so I have this feeling that it will actually be really hard LOL

with the lil red set for the 12.00 class it makes 430hp and comes in at 4440 lbs you should be really close the hard thing is going to be your 60foots with a stock rear leave setup

:banned: stock leaf springs...

mini-tub and leaf spring suspension, but far from stock....thanks for the info btw, looks like I was close on the 10:1 thing!

ready to see a VE truck go fast? :rockwoot:

Back