Quickest 1st gen?

J.Keith said:
Well I blew the flexplate apart on mine on a 30psi launch.
Also I decided to try running a single turbo to see how that works and I'm liking it alot so far.
I'm running the II 66/16 at 45psi and its keeping things cool.

But, before the flexplate let go I got a 13.3 on my Gtech (tracks are closed around here) on a 25psi launch. So its coming along!

Dang you suck :shake: I tried a 10psi launch today and it spun (2wd non-posi on Hoosier Quick Times) Heading to the 1/8th mile later this week to see what she'll do.

What size are the quick times that you have? My brother used to run them on his 1st gen, he used to launch at 10psi without spinning them.

rockjeep73 said:
What size are the quick times that you have? My brother used to run them on his 1st gen, he used to launch at 10psi without spinning them.

Posi? How much tire pressure did he run? Also the ones I got were sitting in the back of a warehouse for like a year and a half, so they might need a few good burnouts and some VHT.

The guys at J&H were telling me about your truck, sounds like a good project to revive!

SMOKIN93 said:
Yep, that's KTA, I think he's been high 13's, Me and I guy that goes by GLHS both have ran 13.34, that's the quikest ve pump times I have heard of.

Who did there VE pumps ?

JQmile said:
Posi? How much tire pressure did he run? Also the ones I got were sitting in the back of a warehouse for like a year and a half, so they might need a few good burnouts and some VHT.

The guys at J&H were telling me about your truck, sounds like a good project to revive!

I believe he ran about 15psi. He was able to launch at 15 pounds of boost without spinning them, but this was also with the stock converter. His tires were 32 x 13.5, and with the 4200 spring it would do well over 100mph. Oh ya, it has a lincoln locker.

Ya had to show them THAT video!
That was a crappy weekend.
Down about 40 hp, forgot to remove the spare tire and the clutch slipped on every shift.

Ran a 9.6@73mph in the 1/8th today with numerous problems, including a 2.35 60ft time. Oh well it's a start.

Jason is from the Left Coast.

I think we should arrange a 1st gen shootout at an event this year. I'm a sucker for those trucks. Bruce Block has a cherry first gen that makes me wanna loose the 24v.

Timbeaux38 said:
Jason is from the Left Coast.

I think we should arrange a 1st gen shootout at an event this year. I'm a sucker for those trucks. Bruce Block has a cherry first gen that makes me wanna loose the 24v.

I think we'll see a few first gens in the 12s or even 11s by the end of the year. I'm going to do my best to be one of them! I know someone out of Sacrameno, CA is building a pretty serious one too.

Timebomb said:
Who did there VE pumps ?
I am certain KTA did his pump, and supplied parts to Bradleys who assembled Jeremy's pump. I had old yellow running last Saturday moving it around. If all goes well this year it may be back out running hard again by the end of the year.

Back